eight

Gerard had made dinner while Frank watched from the counter. His legs dangled over the edge, Gerard walking around his carefully as he put together their meal. In the end though, Frank had declined a plate for himself.
Gerard stood in front of him tilting his head a bit, the point of his nose creating a sharp shadow on his cheek. Frank's lips parted slightly as he took in the man's features he was so pretty, like a pixie but the slight scruff on his cheeks and bushy brows had a contrasting effect. Frank dug his nails into the counter a bit to stop himself from reaching his hand up and touching Gerard's face, just to feel how soft the skin was. He found himself too caught up in his admiration to be tense at the man's almost eerie silence, the only thoughts in his head right then were of how gentle Gerard's eyes were as they gazed into his own. He felt unmistakably safe right then, all of the excess panic from earlier dissolved.

He held his breath waiting for the older man's response.

Gerard didn't seem upset at all. In fact he looked sympathetic if anything.

"I'm sorry." Frank mumbled, breaking their eye contact and looking down, only to see how close their bodies were. He felt his face heat up as he looked away. "I'm just not feeling well?" He said with little confidence.

"Of course." Gerard said. "Would you like me to run you a bath?" He offered kindly.

"No." Frank said too quickly, be swallowed and cleared his throat. "I'm. . .okay, you don't need to do that for me. Thank you though. For the offer." His nervousness was blatant. He wasn't afraid of Gerard trying anything with him but the simple act of running him a bath felt too intimate, like he was agreeing to too much.

Gerard began to say something, Frank watching his lips part with trepidation in fear of the man asking any more questions. Before he could begin his sentence there were three gentle taps at the door behind him. They started at each other once more. Frank's eyes were wide with terror like the world was about to come crumbling down on them right in the middle of the kitchen. His hands were on autopilot as they grasped at Gerard's own for some kind of stability. Gerard's heart swelled in his chest as if an angle had touched him, in his mind one had. Frank looking pitifully desperate for him, grabbing onto him like a lifeline, it was nearly too much to take all at once. He couldn't help but smile a bit at the boy all while knowing that it wouldn't bring him any solace.

"You're okay." He said simply, running his thumb over the back of his boy's hand. "Go to your room and shut the door, don't come out until I come get you." Frank could feel the authority in his voice, leaving no room for argument. He trusted that Gerard knew what was best, without a second thought he headed quickly for his room.

He shut the door quietly, immediately bringing his thumb nail up to his lips to gnaw on. His chest felt tight from him holding his breath. He stilled himself, not moving one muscle as he heard the familiar creak of Gerard's front door. He could hear Gerard's gentle voice welcoming someone in, warm and inviting. The words being said were muted and fuzzy through the thick wood he had his head pressed against. The second voice was light and much harder to hear than Gerard's though as they stepped deeper into the house it became more clear. Frank attempted desperately to decipher the words being said between the two but it was impossible, especially with his heart pounding as loud as it was.

Mentally he was screaming at himself for being so spineless. He had the perfect opportunity to escape, the door was just about to be opened if only he'd stood his ground a bit longer. He assumed that the people Gerard associated himself with weren't also insane and wouldn't approve of what was happening to him. But the anxiety-ridden, pessimistic side of him made sure to heavily consider the idea of this undisclosed man being in on the whole thing. The more that he mused himself with the idea the less ridiculous it seemed to him. Up until this point he'd presumed that Gerard had conducted his capturing all on his own, not that it would've been difficult with him basically walking right into the man's trap almost willingly. There was no need for any help during the deed of abducting him but for what purpose was he taken in the first place? Gerard seemed to not understand himself, never giving much of an explanation for why he'd taken Frank. What if it hadn't been for Gerard pleasure at all, he thought. In that case, this room served as nothing more than a holding cell. The boy paced his room silently, his state of disquietude leaving him too nauseous to make any noise even if he wanted to. He brought both of his hands up to his face that was now damp with tears he hadn't noticed fall. He could almost laugh himself, feeling completely impuissant against his own emotions. He was a wreck, both his heart and body ached for Gerard and the reassurance he brought, the gentle touch of his fingers to his cheek. Even while he feared the man and his intentions he felt like the only escape from the terrifying thoughts that he'd created. The room seemed to sway a bit even when he found the control to stand still. A trembling exhale escaped his parted lips as his eyes focused on the door. As he stood still, his heart slowing from its erratic pace, he could hear the faint laughter of the two men. Quickly, he locked the door.