six

When Gerard offered to show Frank around the house he agreed almost excitedly. He hated himself for acting this way but he couldn't help it. Gerard was nice to him and caring and he didn't seem like he wanted to har Frank at all. Or maybe that was just Frank's mind playing tricks on him, trying to make the situation seem less terrible.

The first room Gerard took him to was Frank's own. It was simple, a bit larger than his real room it was painted a pretty sky blue color.
The bed was queen sized and looked warm and inviting after the day Frank had.

"How do you like it? I know it's plain right now but when we eventually go shopping you can add on to it." Gerard said. He prayed that Frank liked what he had done for him. Frank being happy was all that mattered right now.

"Yeah- Yeah I like it." Frank nodded.

Gerard smiled, watching was boy wander his new room absentmindedly admiring how pretty he looked when he wasn't thinking.

Suddenly Frank looked up at nothing in particular with a curious expression before turning to Gerard.

"When we go shopping, for my stuff, I'm coming to?" He asked. Surprisingly Frank wasn't thinking about escaping right then.

"How else would I know what to buy for you?" Gerard asked.

"Oh. . . Okay." Frank felt more hope for escaping.

Gerard nodded and watched as Frank looked at his surroundings. "Do you have anything that you want off the top of your head?"

Frank shook his head, "I wasn't really expecting my captor to be so generous."

Gerard cringed at Frank's wording. The last thing he wanted to be in Frank's eyes was some kidnapper. It would be harder to manipulate the boy if he was already making him out to be the enemy.

"Don't call me "your captor," Frank, you're going to be happy here." Gerard stated firmly.

Frank looked surprised at first but soon his expression turned understanding.

"I'm sorry, Gee." He apologized.

Gerard had no idea whether Frank was actually submitting to him or just playing along at that point and honestly Frank wasn't too sure either.

•••

The rest of the house was just as nice and there was no blood-stained basement that Gerard used to torture people so Frank felt a little safer.

The house didn't seem to have any iron doors or heavy duty locks to keep him in. It's almost like Gerard just expected him not to leave on his own. Frank couldn't decipher whether Gerard was stupid or insanely smart for that.

Gerard let him roam the house getting familiar with it while he made dinner. He assured Frank that his plate would be vegetarian when he saw the worried look on the boys face. Frank couldn't stop himself from smiling at the small detail. The fact that someone other than his mother took his needs into consideration was fucking up his sense of logic.

Frank found himself in Gerard's room after a while looking through the man's closet and personal belongings that were definitely none of his business. Still he found it impossible to discover anything creepy about the man other than his delusions. Frank raked his fingers over the deep blue bed sheets, soft and untidy. He imagined Gerard sleeping peacefully between the sheets, how lovely his gorgeous features would look at rest.

As he lazily looked around the room something caught his eye. He walked over to Gerard's desk noticing the closed laptop next to the tablet. Frank knew that it was a complete invasion of privacy but he couldn't help but let his curiosity get the better of him. He swiftly picked the book up, like someone would take it from him if he moved to slowly, and ran his fingers down the cold, spiraled spine. The book seemed old and worn, the damaged edges and faded colors on the cover made it's age apparent. Frank took a look over his shoulder to the door, making sure that Gerard was still busy in the kitchen, before peeling the cover back and exposing the random page.