EPILOGUE

3rd Person POV
After that fateful night, Jace and Alec went to his fathers house and packed up his stuff.
The plan was to hide Alec out at Jaces house until they both turn 18.
Jaces mom wanted to take Alec's dad to court but there were too many things that could go wrong.
Sure Alec's dad would probably get some jail time for the obvious abuse but it was highly unlucky he would be in there for very long. They'd find Alec's mom unfit to care for Alec and inevitably, he'd be put in the system. So they wanted to avoid that at all cost.
Jaces mom would become a foster parent and take Alec in but the process would take too long and with Alec and Jaces relationship, she wouldn't be allowed to foster him.
Alec's dad never really came looking for him. He didn't really care that he was gone for the most part. He was smart enough to not file a missing persons report as it would only lead to the mans arrest.
So, Alec and Jace lived together for two years at jaces parents house.
It was good. School was still hell for Alec. People never really stopped bullying him even with jaces intense glares and harsh words he'd throw at the assholes whenever they tried something.
Jace came out as bi officially to his family and they were very supportive.
The kids at school on the other hand... not so much. But at the end of the day, it didn't matter. Because the two boys were together.
Two years later when both boys were 18, they moved cities. The farther away from Alec's abusive father and the assholes that inhabit the town, the better.
They got a cozy little apartment in a nice city.
Now everything wasn't just magically better. Even though things were good and life was new, Alec was still plagued with his past.
He was diagnosed with ptsd and depression.
He goes to therapy for it and works hard every day at getting to a better point for himself.
Nightmares are a common thing for him at this point.
But Jace has made things a lot easier. He holds him at night when he wakes up screaming. He drives him to and from his therapy appointments and bathed him when he isn't capable of bathing himself.
They carry each other. They help each other. And most importantly, they love each other.
So, all In all, life is pretty fucking good.

Authors note:
Hello everybody! I finished this story a long time ago so my writing skills are a lot different now than they were when this book was finished. BUT a lovely reader asked if I would make an epilogue and I'm more than happy to oblige! This story is held near and dear to my heart as it was my first success of a book. And I'm so fucking grateful for everyone who has stuck around and read my book. My mind is exploding from all the love. Thank you so much I love you guys! Check out my other books <3
@leslie_1992 This is for you babe! Thanks for the love !!