The Concequences

( Ryder Pov)
It has been about a week and a half since I have seen or heard from Aria, and even though I have started my job as an ER doctor and have been really busy I just can't alseem to get her out of my mind. Not being able to stand it any longer I decided to go ask Zoe if she knew her since I know that most everyone that was at the party are people she goes to school with. "Hey Zoe I was wondering if you know a girl named Aria?" I ask trying not to sound desperate. "Yeah she is my best friend, what do you want to know about her?" Zoe says curiously. "Because I meet her a while back in Georgia after her mom was killed and then I ran into her at your party and I really like her and I need to know if I can get her number from you?" I ask quickly trying not to let her know that I slept with her friend. "Im sorry Ryder but she doesn't have a phone, Jackson want allow her to have one." she say and then gets this freaked look on her face. "What is it, Is there something wrong?" I ask feeling a bit scared. "Ryder were you the one that took her home after the party?" She ask sounding freaked. "Yes, why?" I ask still trying to make since of the scared look on her face. "Nothing look I have to go, do not whatever you do show up at her house with out her okay," she says and the turns and runs out the door. "I don't know what's going on here but I swear I will find out soon," I say to myself.

(Zoe pov)
After hearing Ryder say he took Aria home I started freaking out, I thought that her being at school was just because Jackson wouldn't let her leave the house, now I am worried that their may be more to it. As I am driving to Aria's house all I can think about is if she is ok, and hope that Jackson did not severely hurt her. Finally making it to Aria's house I don't see Jackson car in the drive way so I just use my key Aria gave me to unlock the door and I headed to her room. When I got there I found Aria locked in her room, laying in a ball on her bed. "Aria are you ok?" I ask touching her on her shoulder. Slowly she sat up to look at me and when she did I just wanted to cry, she had a big bruse and cut across her forehead that look a few weeks old. "So this is why you haven't been at school?" I ask sadly pointing to her face. She doesn't say anything, she just shakes her head yes and starts crying. "Shhh it's ok I'm here, come on I'm taking you to my house so I can take care of you, and Aria when we get there we need to tell my parents everything ok, you know that they can help my mom is a social worker and my dad is one of the best lawyers around maybe they can help you get out of this situation." I says sounding all protective and demanding. "Ok," was all she said to weak to say anything else. I help her to my car and we make our way to my house.

(Aria pov)
Feeling so weak, hungry, and tired, I just curled into a ball and just waited for it all to end knowing I wouldn't be able to live like this much longer. I could here someone coming into my room and then I could here Zoe talking to me. I feel a little hope when I heard her say she was taking me home with her then started helping me to her car and we headed to her house. I felt the car stop which probably means we are at her house, but I'm just to tired to move or even open my eyes. "I'll be right back I'm going to go get some help to get you in the house," I heard her say. It wasn't long before I could feel myself being lifted into someones arms and being carried into the house. "What happen to her," I could hear a familiar male voice say as I started to slip into unconsciousness.

(Ryder pov)
I was on the computer in my room when I heard someome burst into my room I turn to see a very worried Zoe standing just inside my door. "Whats wrong?" I ask geting up from my computer and walking over to her. "It's Aria something is really wrong she keeps slipping in and out of unconsciousness and she very week, please help her," she says with tears in her eyes. "Calm down where is she?" I ask trying to remain calm. "She is in my car," she says as turns to head back outside. Without another word I run to her car finding a very battered and broken looking Aria, I scoop her up in my arms and take her to my room. "What happen to her?" I ask as I place her on the bed and start to examin her. "She has been very sick and she fell a few weeks ago and hit her head," I hear Zoe say. I knew she was lying but I didn't want to fight with her now, because helping Aria was more important. "For one thing she is dehydrated, go get me a bottles of water and fix her some soup to while your at it," I order Zoe.

After a few minutes Zoe finaly came back with the stuff I asked for. "Aria I need you to sit up for me," I say to her sweetly. She slowly starts to sit up with my help. "Here drink this," I say putting the bottle up to her lips, "drink it slowly." She drinks about half the bottle before stopping, and then I fed her the soup that Zoe warmed up for her. "Feeling better?" I ask laying her back so that she doesn't have to hold her herself up. "Yes," she says still sounding week. "Ok, drink the rest of this water and then I want you to rest," I say helping her finish the water. Helping her lay down I say, "rest now and I'll come back to check on you later." Grabbing my hand she says, "don't go." Not wanting to argue I climb in the bed and pulled her to me letting her head rest her head on my chest and within minutes she was sound asleep.

I must have fallen asleep to because when I woke up, Aria was no longer in the bed with me. I got up and made my way down stairs, I could here voices coming from the kitchen but I couldn't really make out what they where saying because they we all talking low. I walk closer to the kitchen, quietly trying to listen in on them. "I don't know what to do anymore," I could her Aria say crying. "I promise you I will do everything in my power to help you get away from him, but for now legally I can't keep him away from you because he is your legal guardian, also we have no documentation of the abuse." I hear my uncle tell Aria. "Aria its going to be ok," I hear Zoe say to Aria. "Whats going on Aria," I say as I walk into the kitchen interupting their conversation. When I got to the kitchen Aria, got up and ran out of the room. Amanda looked at me and said, "Ryder now is not the time to discuss this, Aria will tell u what she wants you to know and when she wants you to know it." Not caring what my aunt just said I feel anger boil up in me, I run up the stairs after Aria. "How dare somone hurt Aria, I will kill them if I ever catch them laying a hand on her," I say to myself as I finally reach the door to my room. I get to my room just as Aria is makes it inside, I reached out and grab her arm turning her to look at me. "Aria you have to tell me who the bastered is that did this to you?" I ask trying to keep my anger under control as I take a step closer to her. She took a step back every time I took one closer to her, until her back was against the wall and she had no where to go. "I can't," she says sadly. "Yes, you can and you will," I say angrily slamming my fist against the wall behind her causing her to flinch in fear and tears to form in her eyes. After seeing her flinch I back up from her, "Aria I am so sorry, I would never hit you or hurt you in any way," I say to her softly as I lift her face so that she is looking at me. She nods her head slowly with sadness in her eyes. I lean in kissing her lips lightly and then as I turn to leave her I say, "I will let you tell me when your ready, and until then I will do everything in my power to get you to trust me."

Picture of Jackson on this chapter.