Ava's Home Coming

(Aria pov)

I wake up to my phone ringing so I roll over and grab it off the bedside table, "Hello," I say still half asleep. "Yes, this is Dr. Nelson assistant calling to let you know Ava is being released to go home today," she informs me sweetly. "Thats amazing, we will be the there soon to get her," I say with excitement. Not being able to contain my excitement I go downstairs to find Ryder so I can tell him, I found him in the living room talking on his phone. After he got off his phone I say, "Guess what? We can go get Ava, the hospital called and they are releasing her today." "I am so happy, I can't wait for her to be home with us," he say happily but the frowns. "What is it," I ask curiously. "Well my aunt and uncle will be here soon, so you will have to go get Ava by yourself," he says sadly. "Well, thats ok I will go get her then you can spend some time with her when we get home," I say trying to make him feel better.

I am now on the way back home with my little Ava in the backseat and I'm getting more excited by the minute about having her home with us. I pull into the driveway to find that there are several vehicles there including my grandparents car. I get Ava out the car and head inside and when I opened the door I hear "surprise," come from everyone inside. "What's going on in here," I ask and then wait for someone to explain. "Well Ryder and I figured you should get to have a baby shower since you were not able to have one before you had Ava," Zoe tells me as she takes Ava from me. "Well Thanks I guess," I say feeling a little overwhelmed by everything that's going on inside the apartment. Zoe's parents were talking to Ava as Zoe was holding her and It looks like Ava likes all the attention because she was grinning away at them. I walk up to Ryder who was watching Ava's actions to his Aunt and Uncle, "They are going to have her so spoiled I can see it now, she has them wrapped around her fingers and she just met them today," I tell Ryder laughing. "Yep I think you are right, I believe it's love at first site with them like it was with us when we layed eyes on her for the first time," Ryder says to me with laughter in his voice.

Three hours later the baby shower was over, Ava was upstairs asleep, and everyone had gone home except for Ryder's aunt, uncle, and Zoe. We where all sitting in the living too watching tv and relaxing. Ryder switches the tv off and looks to his Aunt and Uncle and says, "I would like you both to be Ava's grandparents, because to me you both are my parents." "Ryder we would be honored to be her grandparents and as far as we are concerned you are our son and she is our granddaughter." Aunt Amanda says to him happily. "Ava should have at least one set of grandparents in her life," I say to them in agreement. "There is just one more thing I think you should do if you are willing to, you should call us Mom and Dad so we don't confuse Ava," Uncle Jason says to Ryder kindly. "That's sounds good to me," Ryder says to them with tears of joy in his eyes.

Ryder said his mom was good with a camera so I decided to let her take some family pictures of us and some newborn pictures of Ava so that we would have some pictures of our little Family on the walls. While Ava is still sleeping Ryder and I took the opportunity to get dressed for the pictures. I walk to the closet and pull out a pair of dark jeans and a white button up shirt for Ryder and a white summer dress for myself. I put on the dress and started curling my hair, then put on light makeup with red lipstick. Ryder steps out of the bathroom looking amazing in the clothes I picked out for him. I had finally finished getting ready and was slipping on my heels, I step in front of the mirror examining myself and the small stomach I had left from having Ava when I felt Ryder slip his arms around me from behind, "You look perfect," he says to me as he spins me around to look at him. "No I'm not I still have all this extra weight on me," I say sadly not feeling very pretty. "Aria I don't care about you having a little extra weight on you, you are beautiful and you carried our daughter and she is healthy because you took care of yourself so I don't want to here all that negativity." He tells me sweetly and the leans down and presses his lips to mine sweetly making every negative though I had leave my mind.

I go to Ava's room to get her up, fed, and dressed so we can get the pictures done. I had already got Ava a bottle fixed, so I picked her up out of her crib, and make my way to the changing table to changer her diaper, while changing her she just keep looking at me with her big blue eyes like she was studying me. "Mommy love you, yes I do and I always will," I coo to her as I finish up changing her. I sit in the rocking chair and begin to feed her as I sing You Are My Sunshine to her. After finishing the bottle I dress her in a cute little pink dress and pink headband bow in her hair.

Buckling her in her car seat I call out, "Ryder I have Ava ready and we need to go." A few minutes later he comes down and picks the car seat up, grabs his keys, and head out to the car. Once in the car we head down to the beach where we are going to go take our pictures. We got our family pictures first once we got here, we were now just watching as his mom took different pictures of Ava. Suddenly I was being picked up by Ryder and he was walking to the water, "Ryder put me down, we don't need to get wet we have our good clothes on," I say frantically as I try to wiggle out of his arms. "Sorry can't here you over the sound of the waves," he say to me laughing as he continues toward the water. "This is not funny, put me down this instant," I demand him, but he ignores me as he steps into the water walking deeper and deeper in until he had gotten me all wet. "Ryder I swear I will make you pay for this, I say trying to hold back laughter. "We will see about that," he says as he drops me in the water. I managed to swim up behind him and jump on his back causing him to go falling backwards into the water. We laughed and played in the water until Amanda was done with Ava's pictures then we headed home to get out of our wet clothes.

Authors note:
Sorry it's short but I promise the next couple chapters will be longer, this was just a filler chapter.