Chapter Twenty-Four

Start from the beginning

"I did love you..." he said as he followed me through like a lost puppy, this time it was my turn to laugh.  I sat on the sofa and rolled my eyes.

"Yeah you loved me, sure, that's believable."  I said with a smirk as I leaned my head back and stared at the ceiling.  I felt the couch dip beside me and closed my eyes as I felt his leg touch mine, that's just how close we were sitting. 

"I really did Cara."  He said quietly and I looked to him, my smile now gone.

"Then why Harry?  Why did you do it?  If you loved me then you wouldn't have been ready to throw it away just because you would be tempted into cheating."  I said and he looked down to his beer bottle and stuttered to try and think of a reply but nothing came, his mouth fell shut and that was it.

"I went to your house that night, you knew I wanted to try and repair things with Kat.  Why did you get her to go to the bar when you knew that?"  I asked quietly. 

"I guess...I guess I did it to spite you."  He said with a sigh and I but down on my lip and nodded my head slightly, looking away from him now, it hurts too much.  This is all too much.

"T-that's not love."  I whispered before sitting up and quickly finishing off my glass. I stood from the sofa, a little wobbly on my feet causing Harry to stand quickly and hold onto my waist to keep me steady but I quickly back away from him.

"Please don't touch me...". I whispered as I brought my shaky hands up to my face and covered it, the tears were coming and I know it, he knows it too.

"I think you should go Harry. I can't do this. It's too much." I pleaded as the tears lined my lower lashes.

"I'm not leaving you like this Cara. I don't care if I have to sleep in the hall outside your door." He said quietly as he pulled my hands away from my face gently, I kept my eyes closed hoping it would stop the tears but i knew it didn't when I felt a line tear trickle down my cheek.

I felt his arms wrap around me and next thing I knew I was being pulled into his chest, I tried to pull myself away and push him away but it wasn't working. 

I can't do this.

Harry Styles

She tries to push me away but maybe if I just hold on she will let me be there for her the way I should have been there this past year.  I kept my arms around her while she began to hit my chest but the force she put into it wasn't enough to do anything, I know she is just frustrated.

I understand how she sees everything that happened between us, I understand that it looks like I used her but I really didn't.  I genuinely don't believe king distance works, especially in college.

I really did love her.

Do love her.

Soon enough, she calmed down and let me hold her, her small hands gripping onto my jumper for dear life as the most heartbreaking, gut wrenching sob left her body.  As if everything that has happened to her in her entire life just caught up.

I wonder where her parents are?

Why aren't they with her?