#22 | look at us now (final)

✫ ✧ ˚

✫ ✧ ˚ .  *  ✷ ˚ ✫

His back meets the backrest of the black leather chair as he stretches his arms above his head, a sigh of satisfaction fills the empty office from the feeling of his tensed muscles finally relaxing. When he opens his eyes, realizing he closed them in the first place, he's met with the frame picture decorating the glass desk. Just a few seconds staring at it, and his lips twitch into a small smile.

The sight of his son holding a football ball, enveloping it with his delicate arms, is enough to make his day and night lighter, no matter how many times he has found himself staring at it. It's been there for at least year, remembering that day clearly.

He took Yoojin and you to a huge football stadium, after finding out his son's interest in the typical boyish sport. It's quite funny because when Seokjin was little, he used to love football. Unfortunately, he had no one to take him to football stadium or even a single football pitch. At least not until he was old enough to go to the nearest football pitch where he found a few friends.

But even with those sad memories of his failed childhood, it makes him want to do all those things for his son. He doesn't want him to feel lonely, left out and unloved. It's something he felt ever since he has seen him through the hospital glass, wrapped in a white blanket, without properly realizing or acknowledging it.

His trail of thoughts is interrupted by his phone beeping with an incoming call, your name flashing on the screen. Not wasting a second, he reaches towards the device, swiping his thumb across the screen before he accepts the call.

"Hey," he breathes out, making himself known as he hears Yoojin on the other line, telling you something as you shush him.

"Pumpkin, wait a minute, I need to speak to daddy," you tell your son, while Seokjin's ears perk up in interest but he doesn't hear anything coming from Yoojin in response. "Sorry about that. He's being wild today." you chuckle, a faint sound of television going on can be heard.

"Is he giving you a trouble?" he asks, chuckling at the idea of the three year old making your day adventurous.

"Nah, nothing I can't handle." you grin, and it's not something Seokjin can see from the other line of the call, but he can hear it in your voice.

"I don't doubt it." he jokes, grinning as he licks his lips.

"I've handled his father, I think I can handle him just fine." you tease, earning another set of chuckles from Seokjin who finds your remark rather amusing.

He knows you're just teasing, he got used to it after such a long time of the two of you spending time together. He allows himself to laugh, finding your teasing and jokes funny, even though sometimes, it annoys him to the point his brows start to twitch. But it only makes you laugh even more and fuck, he never thought someone's laugh could be so pleasant to his ears.