#15 | the night we met

✫ ✧ ˚

✫ ✧ ˚ .  *  ✷ ˚ ✫

'We're highly sorry, but we found someone more suitable for the position you applied.

Our best regards, Choi Cooperatives'

"Highly sorry, my ass." you grumble, irritably putting your phone back to the pockets of your jeans before Mr. Song could see you.

Ever since this morning, you've been anticipating a good news but it turns out your excitement wasn't justified. You want nothing more than leave your current job. You liked it, at the beginning but now it feels it's not something you'd like to do. Plus your boss has been an ass to you.

"Bad news?"

Deep, yet velvety voice resounds before you whip your head in its direction to be met with your colleague's sympathetic look. Empty stained cups are in his hands before he puts them in the sink that's next to you, his eyes still trailed on you.

"You could say so," you mutter, obvious irritation laced in your tone as you want to cry out loud from frustration. "I didn't get the job."

He's no new to your weekly disappointment of not getting a job you so desperately wanted and there's nothing else you see in his eyes besides empathy and pity. It's probably the worst combination ever because it only makes you feel more pathetic and sad.

"You'll find something."

The smile on his lips and words leaving them is the same every time he sees your desperate state, but you appreciate it nevertheless. Taehyung has always been friendly and communicative colleague who made your shifts more bearable.

You don't verbally react, giving him a small smile in response of his kind words.

"Hey, there's a man who asked for you," he suddenly says, seeing as if he just remembered the purpose of coming here other than to put the cups away. "He's sitting there."

With furrowed brows, you watch the way he points towards the opposite side of the room. At first, you can't make anyone who might be the right person who's looking for you, but then your eyes catch the sight of a man in suit who awfully seems to be out of place in those kind of clothes.

"Him?"

"Do you know him?" he asks, eyes glued to a man who sips from the cup of coffee with eyes trailed in front of him.

Even from the distance, you can see the confidence and dominance in his posture which makes you even more confused what the hell is he doing here. You've no idea who this man is and there's no way you've met before. You'd definitely remember him.

"No," you answer, adjusting the black apron around your hips. "I'll see what's this about."

With that, you're slowly walking towards the table he's sitting at, wondering what this man could possibly want from you. And as you're nearing to him with each step you take, your breath hitches when you notice the weird intimidating aura around him. He's beautiful. Probably the most beautiful man you've ever laid your eyes on and the fact he asked for you, just makes you nervous.