Chapter 5: A Child to Save...

I walk outside and find the girl in the yard in the fetal position sobbing, "Hey? Hi, ya there kiddo, are you ok?" I ask in a kind and comforting voice

Looking up the girl nods silently as she continues to sob. I carefully work my way closer to her with my hands within her vision so she knows that I mean no harm and give her a hug, she slightly flinches but I hold my hug, and soon she is asleep. I immediately trace a golden decorated sheath that has an unknown language written down the center and implant it into the small girl's chest. She begins to emit a dim golden glow as her bruises heal.

Present Percy's POV
After seeing all of her wounds all healed I take the sheath out of her and will it away. As it disappears into blue motes I pick her up bridal style and walk to the forest nearby to set up camp for the night. Once I find a sizable clearing I quickly trace a camping tent big enough for the both of us to sleep separately and trace a large bronze-bladed ax with a golden handle.

 Once I find a sizable clearing I quickly trace a camping tent big enough for the both of us to sleep separately and trace a large bronze-bladed ax with a golden handle

(A/n: Ignore Gil and the book...)
I walk over to the nearest tree and in one swing of the ax, chop clean through the trunk. After it falls I start chopping it up into firewood and start to set up the campfire in the middle of the clearing. Dematerializing the ax I get to work on setting up the campfire and by dinnertime, I have successfully made a working campfire to cook our food. After waiting for a while, I hear the girl waking up in the tent so I walk over to properly greet her.

Opening the tent door I see her sitting up on the bed looking around in a panicked manner so I make myself known, "Hello little one, how did you sleep?" I ask in a gentle voice.

"W-who are you? H-how did I get h-here?" She frantically asks as she hides behind her blanket slightly shaking.

Seeing this, I gently sit down on my bed across from her, "I am Percy Jackson, the man who saved you from your... uh... relative. And I brought you here after I saved you from that vile man that you were living with. What's your name little one?"

"M-my name is A-Alice but please c-call me Aly... and t-thank you for saving m-me. But where will I go now?" She shyly whispers as she slowly puts her blanket down.

"Well, you have two options, you can go to a camp for people just like you and me, or you could go with a group of male-free hunters led by Artemis," I tell her kindly.

"Artemis? As in the goddess of the hunt?" She asks curiously.

"Yes. As you have probably guessed, hopefully, the Greek gods are real. And just like you, I'm a demigod or a child of one of the gods... now whose child? I have no clue, but I could make a few guesses. So Aly? What's your choice?" I ask in a gentle tone.

"I, uh... can I decide later? I'm kinda hungry..." She says as her stomach growls afterward.

Chuckling to myself I tell her that she can and ask her to follow me outside as I start opening the tent door. After she comes out I close the door behind her and walk over to the campfire and sit on the log patting the spot next to me for her to sit on. I quickly pray to Hestia for some beef as I trace a few plates and silverware as well as a pan. After a few seconds and a puff of smoke, a few chunks of uncooked steak, some seasonings, and a decent-sized jug of water appear next to me.