Chapter 22

Robyn 

     Masky woke me up in the morning and forced me to get out of my bed and get dressed for school. Although I didn't want to go and I put up a great struggle, I ended up losing and on my way to school, I was in a depression at the moment and all Masky could do was force me to go to school. 

     “You need to get out, it's suffocating in here and I don't need you to end up being stupid all because you didn't learn anything in school” Masky nagged as he shoved me out the door and locked it behind me. In reaction and anger, I tuned around and kicked the door, only to have Masky respond by saying it's childish to kick a door, in tune I growled and stormed off to school. I can't believe he would send me to school when I just don't want to. 

       Once I did reach school it made me feel as if I've never been to school before; I was scared. I was scared people my just go up to me and blame me on Alyssa's death, I was scared that people would just reject me or call the cops on me for something I couldn't stop, something that I felt was my fault. Of course it was anyway, if only I had forgotten about going to Murdoch's house, and just stayed with Alyssa, and kept her there, and never left her out of my sight and went everywhere with her and prevented her from going to the woods, where her... Her deathbed awaits... I teared up, but I shook it off as much as I could and rushed into my class, where everything seemed just fine.
       I'm glad that in an outcast. So no one would ever even know who I was, or they would never know I was missing, and no one would bug me about what I did in the weekend. And then there was Sharon. 

       “So did you visit your boyfriend?” She teased me, which in turn I tried to stay as normal as I possibly can 

       “Whatever, he isn't my boyfriend, and yes I went over to do our project” I mumbled, just then Sharon walked over and hugged me 

       “I got the news and I just want to say I'm sorry, for your loss, it was in the news yesterday, saying about your sister being found in the woods, she was stabbed tons of times, but the police officers said when they went to go get backup to pick up the body, it was gone, can you believe that?” My eyes widened slightly, how can the body just... Disappear? I'm not sure, I guess that would be on my questions to ask Masky and Toby. I looked down as I hugged back tightly, my tears were coming back at full throttle, and I felt so broken. Right now Sharon was the only person who can comfort me at the moment. The only thing that felt different about me is, somehow I didn't feel that sad, everything around me is falling apart, and yet death is the only other thing that I can think of right now, not school, not boys or love not college or my fantasy future life... No, the only thing I could ever think of everyday is whether Toby starts getting bored if me and kills me, or if Toby is in my house right now looking through my stuff, or if the cops are after him and he runs inside my house then I'm in trouble.

       But one thing I'm also thinking of is, if Toby is watching me at this moment, as I hug my friend, as I feel despair. I wonder if he would really care. 

      “It's going to be alright, okay?” Sharon said which in turn I nodded 

      “Thanks Sharon” I said softly, while my voice cracked here and there where I was holding back a large amount of tears, I pulled away and smiled weakly 

      “Hey, that's what friends are for” she stated and laughed a little, which in turn I nodded again and smiled a little more. I was grateful to have Sharon and Murdoch, even if he isn't here at the moment, I'm grateful he's here, I'm glad I'm not much of a loner anymore, because I have people who care.

       When Murdoch came, he gave me a hug and some sympathy, then we went by with our day, of course this time tormentors dint bother to say anything, only because Murdoch was around, and that's how it always was. When Murdoch was around; they wouldn't ever come near me. Only because that day where he stood up to them, to the point where I guess, maybe they felt bad, but I'm not so sure, the only thing I'm sure of is; they're just waiting to the point where Murdoch is gone to get me, and that's pretty much the only thing that sets me off. 

        After school, Sharon had asked me if I needed a place to stay, of course, I told her I'd be fine. I didn't need anymore sympathy from her. 

        “I'll just call my aunt Hannah, I'm sure she'll either come, or I'll go with her” I said softly as I walked she on over to her bus

        “Just for the night though Robyn, I don't think it's okay to stay over in your house, what if that killer is after you?” Sharon asked her voice filled with worry. I looked down and thought for a moment then sighed and shook my head and smiled 

        “I'll consider it, but just not today alright? I have a lot of stuff to take care of at home” I answered her, then faked a reassuring smile. She looked at me for a minute then nodded 

       “Okay, well I'll see you tomorrow” Sharon said quietly then got on her bus, which I turned and left when the bus drove off. I walked over to Murdoch who was ready to walk me home, and together, well, we walked home

      Even Murdoch asked me if I wanted to stay over, just so I can feel safe. Again, I nicely denied and told him that I would be busy trying to pull everything together just in case my aunt says I should move in with her. He nodded then hugged me again, then walked off. I sighed then walked inside my house, which in turn I found Masky sitting on the couch like the the first time I found him. Except I think he was asleep. I dropped my bags and walked over to him —he was snoring. 

     I scoffed quietly then looked at him. I bit my lip as I reached over to take off his mask, I didn't make it, because by the time my hand touched his mask he woke up and grabbed my wrist rather quickly 

      “Don't do that” he mumbled, though his tone was groggily and tired, he sounded really serious. I sighed softly then shook my head 

      “Sorry, I got curious” I said softly 

      “Well don't be” Masky said as he stretched slightly then sat up straight 

      “Not my fault I want to see what's under the mask” I mumbled 

      “Not my problem” 

      “Can I just see part of your face?”

      “No” 

      “Just a glimpse, I promise I won't tell anyone” 

      “No” I sighed softly then crossed my arms, which in turn he mimicked me, I guess to mock me, which in turn I rolled my eyes then slumped down on the floor, though Masky looked down at me, I narrowed my eyes 

      “At least your mouth and nose?” 

     “Robyn, no means no” Masky growled, I guess I might've annoyed him, but the truth was; it was funny seeing someone else get annoyed than myself get annoyed. 

     “I swear, it's like Toby's rubbed off on you” Masky mumbled softly 

     “Hey, I'm nothing like Toby okay? It was just a little bit funny to see you annoyed, since I rarely even know how you're feeling” I explained as I stood up and started to walk to my room, which Masky followed behind me 

     “I guess” he answered quietly as he followed me, then closed the door behind himself as we entered. 

    That whole day, without eating or coming out of my room, I did work and studied over most things, though I didn't want to, Masky forced me, I have no idea why though. It's as if he actually cares about my education, I have to ask him why about that. Though some part of me knows it, the other part is still thinking about it. One thing that's for sure running through my mind is... Where's Toby? And why did he stop coming here? And... Does he have anything to do with Alyssa getting killed? 

____

There you go, another notorious chapter. Have fun reading it!