Chapter 12

Robyn

My eyes widened. I was shocked, my heart pounded as his lips pressed a little more tighter against mine. My hands slid over to his chest, where I couldn't decided to push him away or embrace it. I blushed as the tip of his fingers brushed my cheek, my eyes were slowly closing as his hand completely held my cheek, the pounding of my heart faded as I stopped thinking about it, but so many things clouded into my mind; he was my first kiss. At first, it felt... So nice... His lips felt so soft against mine... Wait... No.. This isn't right... He... He kills people... Why... Why should I even be enjoying this?! It's wrong! But... It...

I pulled away rather quickly to the point where I literally almost pushed myself against the wall just to shove him off, my eyes darted around for a few seconds then rested back on Toby, who was now looking back at me.

"Sorry" he said quietly, I shook my head.

"It's okay..." Wait what? Maybe it was... But was it...? I noticed that look in his eyes, he wanted it to continue as much as I did. He nodded, and smiled again

"Oh Erm... Sorry for almost shoving you" I mumbled, and looked down, which in turn, Toby laughed a little

"I only moved a little, your shove this time mostly affected on yourself, besides, I'm used to you shoving me into or out of something" I blushed in embarrassment at that. He actually got used to the fact I shoved him around, but most of the time it was for a good cause. I shook my head and sighed a little, then looked up at him again

"You got used to it?" I asked him, my tone was soft, not like it usually is when I'm talking to him, but I don't mind it at the moment.

"Heh, yeah who wouldn't? It's kind of something you have to prepare for, I wasn't prepared when you shoved me out the window, so I started preparing myself when you have those situations where you have to shove me somewhere" He stated, then smiled a little more wider

Then there was a noise outside, like a clatter, it caught both our attention, but I think Toby got the most of it. His smile faded and he slipped his goggles and mouth guard back up, then walked out of the closet rather quickly, and walked to the window.

"I'll be back.." Toby said as he looked back at me then opened the window and jumped out of it. I looked at the window for a few seconds before sighing, I walked over to it and looked outside, I don't see Toby anywhere. He's either really quick and stealthy or I'm just to slow and lazy. Mostly slow. I sighed then closed the window, and slumped on my bed.

I closed my eyes for a few seconds then thought about the kiss. That's all that popped into my head at the moment. That's the only thing I thought of, that the only thing I can think of. I don't know why, but... It's like.... It's still sinking in that it actually happened, as if I'm oblivious to the fact that I had my first kiss with a killer I met about a month ago that goes by the name of Toby, well, Ticci-Toby but I just don't seem to like adding "Ticci" onto the first part of his name. It sounds... Childish.

I blushed as the memory of the kiss popped up again, how his lips were soft, but rough, maybe chapped a little, but overall I didn't really care, but the moment I stopped thinking about how hard my heart was beating, was the moment where I felt Toby's heart beat. His heart beat just as fast as mine did, and he twitched here and there, but it didn't interrupt anything, that is; until I broke away from the kiss.

Thunder came from outside, making me snap out of the memory. There was a bit of lightning popping out of the sky the minute I looked out of the window again. I then shook my head then looked at the time, it was barely 7:03 p.m. I sighed then looked back at my desk; my homework I had put there about a day ago sat there; reluctantly I stood up and walked to my desk and sat on the office chair then picked up a pencil and started doing my work.

Around 8:00 p.m. I finished my work and changed into my pajamas, when I looked out my window, it was still pouring outside. I jumped a little when there was a huge thunderclap and a flash of lightning, I shook my head then walked to my lamp - which was the only thing I had on, and switched it off then laid down on my bed and started to go to sleep.

-

I don't know why I keep waking up in the middle of the night but something always seems to happen when I do so. I looked at the clock, I stand corrected. It was ten o'clock sharp. Thunder came up loudly and I jumped again, and I heard a sound which made my eyes widen. It was like a groan, a small one. I looked to the side of my bed where the sound came from then ended up looking at the floor.
It was Toby. He was on the floor; curled up into a ball - soaking wet and shivering. I couldn't leave him there like that, so I sat up, then quietly stood up and walked to my closet and pulled out an extra pillow and blanket then walked back to Toby and kneeled right beside him.

He grabbed my wrist as a reflex when I touched his head, but he didn't do anything. Once he had looked up at me for a few seconds, he let go of my wrist and let me put his head on a pillow. It was as if those few seconds he was analyzing who I was before letting me go. I poked his goggles which in turn, he woke up again and looked at me

"Hm?" Toby looked at me again

"Take off your goggles and mouth guard" I whispered as I poked them again

"Why?" He asked as I heard him yawn

"The goggles will leave marks and the mouth guard will make you feel uncomfortable"

"But I don't-"

"Just do it" I stated, which in turn, he sighed in defeat and pushed up his goggles. He pulled down his mouth guard, I smiled a little then took his goggles all the way off and put them on the desk. I then extended the extra blanket and placed it over him, which in turn he wrapped it around himself and shivered again.

I laid back on my bed and snuggled on to my pillow and blanket, so many questions filled in my head, this was the first time Toby actually slept over here. My questions were, what was the noise out there? And why did Toby come back and sleep here? Not in a bad way, I mean, I just don't want to wake up with cops at my door saying that they found a killer that snuck into my house, but on the serious note... I'm going to find out what had happen, somehow.