Chapter 23: Hypothesis

Start from the beginning

The way their servants look at me with pity, the look of contempt from Alex's brother when I tried to make myself in to the interrogation a while ago, and the quick glance from the man Sky called his uncle the moment I mentioned my surname. Everything is bothering me. They seem to know something but I'm sure they won't tell.

Or am I just overthinking?

"I agree. Gusto ko na ngang umuwi 'e. But seeing Alexander now is so... intimidating. 'Yung tingin niya sa ating lahat kanina na para bang may hindi dapat tayo pinapakialaman. Ewan." Jonathan, sharing his portion of his opinion as well to the man he used to idolized until today. The disappointment is completely evident on his face.

I'm sure it's quite a surprise to him to meet Alexander with his another side of him. But Jonathan should've not expect an autograph nor a huge hug from him. Before anything else, he is a mafia boss and a brother with the responsibility of protecting his one and only sister.

So, I'm not the only one who noticed their stares. I am not overthinking nor am I getting sensitive with things. I must do something to put my mind on ease. And that's through finding out something that could prove my set of hypothesis right or wrong.

Una, may may matibay na koneksyon ang pamilya namin sa mga Dela Vega o kung hindi kaya, Cromello.

Tumayo kaagad ako mula sa kama ko para tunguhin ang pintuan papalabas pero mabilis akong naharang ni Alexis. "Saan ka pupunta, Spade?" tanong nito at nananatiling sa akin nakapako ang tingin ng lahat. Tss.

Nagdesisyon akong huwag nang sagutin ang katanungan niya at bara-bara ko siyang dinaanan na siyang halos makapagpatumba sa kanya sa sahig. Malaki naman na siya. Kaya na niya ang sarili niya. Matapos nun ay walang kibo akong lumabas at nagmatyag muna kung may ibang tao sa paligid.

I also tried to inspect every corner of the corridor if there are hidden cameras or something that might bind me to silence and to not doing anything at all. Seems good. There's nothing, so far.

Pinili kong lumiko sa direksyong kasalungat ng dinaanan namin papunta sa kwarto. Palinga-linga pa rin ako sa iba't ibang direksyon habang dinudukot ang telepono ko at pindutin ang mga numerong magdidirekta sa akin sa isa sa mga tauhan namin sa mansyon. It will be bad if I got caught. Anyone could make false accusations.

I have to work neatly without doing anything reckless that might put our mafia in the edge of risk and shame.

The person I am contacting was the one who I ordered to dig Alex's background to it's deepest point before. Given by the data he gave to me about that crazy woman, I know he won't fail me this time. He's the best intelligence officer we have after all.