First date...??

Autumns POV

As soon as someone tapped my shoulder and said the words "hi" I thought in my head, "I wonder if this is the boy that has been stalking me all day."

I turned around and saw a dark haired boy with round glasses. Slightly disappointed that it isn't the blonde boy that had caught my eye. I say, "Oh, hey Harry!"
"Hello, Autumn! I didn't mean to frighten you." Harry says and chuckles.
I still was happy to see Harry, but part of me wished that Draco would get the courage to finally talk to me and not just smile at me from afar.

"How are you doing?" Harry asks.
"I'm doing well, how are you? I ask.
"I'm doing fine, thanks" Harry replies politely. "Autumn, I know it might be a bit early to ask this since we barely know each other... but, would you like to go with me to the stargazing picnic tomorrow night in the courtyard?" He asks nervously.

I just now remembered that the event was tomorrow night and people could bring dates.
"I'd love to" I confirm and smile. He smiles back and says "Great! See you then." "See you" I  reply. Did he just ask me on a date?

I suddenly notice the blonde haired boy sitting in a red velvet chair in the corner of the room, looking quite pissed. I wondered how long he's been sitting there, he must've heard Harry ask me to the stargazing picnic.

Luna looks over to me and questions, "Did Harry just ask you on a date?" As she wiggles her eyebrows at me. I laugh and say "Well, I'm not sure if it's a date." "What did he say to you?" Luna asks. "He asked me to go with him to the stargazing picnic tomorrow night" I state. "That's great! Well, I think it's a date in my opinion." Luna confidently confirmed.

I laugh and ask, "How long has Malfoy been sitting there?"
"He's been there ever since you started talking to Harry" She replies.
"Oh" I state. I decided that I'd try to talk to him but someone interrupts my thoughts and says, "Everyone please return to your common rooms"
"Oh, yeah. I forgot to tell you we have a curfew. Let's go back to our common room" Luna says and quickly drags me with her to the Ravenclaw rooms.

"But-" I say as I quickly make eye contact with Draco Malfoy. I feel this weird connection towards him but I choose to ignore it and just choose to think it's attraction. As I walk into the common rooms, Luna and I decide to go to bed since I have to wake up early... it will be my first morning in hogwarts and I can't wait for it.

*the next morning*

I woke up to Luna whispering softly, "Autumn, are you awake?"
"Does it look like I was awake?" I grumpily reply. "Oh, sorry. It's time for us to get ready for the day, I didn't want you to sleep in and miss it" Luna says apologetically. "Oh, it's totally fine. Actually, thank you for waking me up... I'd probably sleep all day if you didn't wake me" I state and laugh. "Oh, you're welcome" Luna answers and laughs.

"I love mornings so much" Luna dreamily spoke. "I'm not a morning person at all" I reply and laugh. She laughs and says "you better get up or you'll be late for breakfast."
I got up and brushed my teeth, brushed my hair, put on a little makeup, and put on my uniform.
"I'm ready" I affirm. "You look great!" Luna says. "You do too" I kindly reply.

The two of us go down stairs to eat breakfast in the great hall. "Oh, look there's Ron" Luna says.
"Who's Ron?" I curiously ask.
A ginger boy comes walking over to us and says, "Hey, you must be the new girl... Autumn, right?"
"Oh, yes. Nice to meet you" I reply kindly. "Nice to meet you as well... I'm Ron by the way. Ron Weasley" He says.
"Ron is Harrys' best friend" Luna states.
"Ohh, that makes more sense" I accidentally say out loud. "What makes more sense?" Ron asks and chuckles.
"Oh, nothing" I reply and laugh uncomfortably. "See ya later" he says.
"See ya" I spoke.

"Harry totally likes you" Luna excitedly says. "What? No way." I reply.
"Yes way! Why would Ron know who you are? He's Harrys' best friend after all!" Luna explains.
"Well, I guess he could like me but probably not" I reply.
I always doubt myself, but that'll change soon.
"Oh, look! there's Cedric!" Luna states.
"Who's Cedric?" I ask. Why does she keep introducing me to all of these guys? I thought to myself.

All of the sudden this Cedric guy walks up to me confidently and says "Hello, what's your name?" As he smiles charmingly. "Uh... my name is Autumn" I nervously reply.
Now I have to admit, this boy is quite handsome. But I usually go for someone intelligent and not just their good looks. "That's a nice name. I'm Cedric Diggory" He answers.
"Oh...nice to meet you, and thanks!" I spoke. "You're welcome. I'll catch you around sometime" he charmingly says. "Yeah" I say as I'm speechless that this guy would even talk to me.

As soon as he walks off Luna says, "You are totally into him"
"what? No way!" I reply. "He's very handsome but I just don't know him very much. I'd like to get to know him though" I say and smile dreamily.
"What about Harry?" She asks.
"Oh yeah... Harry. Um, I'm going to the stargazing picnic with him...so I suppose that's an opportunity to get to know him more" I spoke.
"Yeah, Harry is a nice guy. But Cedric is kind of a flirt, so be careful with him" Luna says. "Oh, ok" I say, being slightly disappointed.

"Is that Draco sitting over there?" I abruptly ask. "Yes, would you like me to introduce you to him and his friends? I do warn you, they're quite harsh and not very friendly." Luna explains. "Oh, you can introduce me if you want to." I say.
"I was just curious since you always mention him when he's in the room" Luna says. "Oh, I don't know. I just am kind of intrigued by the malfoys" I reply. "Oh, well I can't blame you there. They are quite an interesting family." Luna answers and laughs.

A boy with dark hair and a big smile comes walking up to us and says, "Hey, Luna!"
You think to yourself, "oh great, another guy." 
"Hey, Neville!" Luna replies with a genuine smile. "Uh, this is Autumn. She's a new student here" Luna speaks to Neville.
"Nice to meet you, Autumn. I'm Neville." He says.
"Nice to meet you as well" I reply and smile. "Well, I'll see you later. Bye!" He says, while looking at Luna the whole time. "Bye, Neville" Luna replies dreamily. Now it's my  turn to tease Luna as I say, "You totally like him! Are you going to the picnic together tonight?" "Well... he asked me yesterday while you were talking to Harry." she says and smiles shyly. "That's where you were! Talking to Neville." I reply and wiggle my eyebrows. The two of us laugh as Luna says "Looks like we both have dates already."

*Chapter end*

Authors note: Hey, I hope you liked this! Sorry it took so long to publish... please let me know what your think of it!