Worst fear

Autumns POV

It was a Monday morning which meant that it was another day of school.
I dreaded this day because that meant I would have to see both of my crushes or whatever they were.
But I swore to myself that today would be the day that I would ask Draco Malfoy to hangout sometime. Now, if Harry found out... he would be beyond pissed. But I have to find out a way to ask Draco without Harry knowing.

I went through my regular morning routine and had a few minutes to spare, so I decided to read some poetry. After doing so, I was on my way to my first class, which was in classroom 3c. It was my first time in that class and I knew no one in there. "Great, now I can't talk to Draco." I thought to myself. Everyone had different schedules that were confusing and they would be lucky if they had at least one class with their friends.

"Hello, everyone. I'm professor Remus Lupin and I'll be your Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher for this term." He spoke as he walked around the classroom. "Today, we will be learning about boggarts. It is a shape shifting non-being that takes on the form of the observers worst fear." He states, which honestly kinda scared me. "Now...I have a boggart in here." He announces as he points at a wardrobe, everyone can't help but gasp in shock. Even I was a bit shocked, there was no way that I wanted to see my worst fear.

"Not to worry... if you use the charm Riddikulus, it will turn into something quite humorous." He wittily spoke.
The class responded in a quiet chuckle as he says, "Please make a line in front of the wardrobe." I was standing in line behind 5 other people as many others continued behind me. A question suddenly popped into my head as I raised my hand. "Yes, Miss?" The professor curiously asks. "Can other people see your worst fear when it's your turn?" I quietly question. "Yes, and thank you for asking...I would've completely forgotten to tell everyone that." He replies and chuckles.

I giggle quietly out of nervousness and partly because I thought his little chuckle was cute. "Alright, each of you will get a turn to see your worst fear. Now when the boggart appears, please have your wand ready in your hand and say the word Riddikulus." He states. The first boy slowly walks up towards the wardrobe and waits for professor Lupin to open it. As he opens it, a huge clown appears... leaving the whole room in gasps. The boy screams at first, but then shouts Riddikulus as the frightening clown turns into a dog with ginormous clown shoes, leaving the classroom filled with laughter by the students. Some of the people were even holding their stomachs from laughing so hard, but I only chuckled.

The other 4 people in front of me went until finally...it was my turn. My palms were sweating like crazy as I held my wand in my hand, it started shaking slightly. I looked up at Professor Lupin and he smiled at me, reassuring that I would be fine. I watch his every move as he opens the wardrobe and my worst fear was revealed to everyone. It was my dad... he was my worst fear. I had never opened up to anyone about my true worst fear, but now everyone in the classroom knows. The figure looks at me and says, "You're such a dispointment." But before it could continue, I say Riddikulus and it turns into a dancing potato. I found myself dying of laughter...half genuine, half fake...because I didn't want anyone to be worried about me.

I stopped laughing as the whole room was still filled with laughter. Suddenly, I feel someone tap my shoulder and it was the Professor, that was looking quite concerned. He whispers, "Please stay after class... I need to speak with you." His words left me shocked but I nodded my head in acknowledgment. The rest of the students finished seeing their worst fears as everyone shared their shock with each other and their amusement as they used the charm to see something quite humorous. Even though I was nervous about what the professor had to say, I still shared my laughter and amusement.

"Class is dismissed... everyone enjoy the rest of your classes." He says and smiles. He was the only genuine seeming teacher and I liked him a lot. Although, I was dreading having this conversation with him, which I figured was about why my dad was my worst fear.
"What is your name, Miss?" He asks as he looks at me.
"Autumn Brooks." I reply.
"Nice to meet you, Miss Brooks." He speaks kindly.
"Please...call me Autumn." I mention and smile.
"Ok, Miss Autumn." He states and laughs. "What is it that you wanted to talk about?" I ask.
"Well... I... I guess I wanted to know why your father was your worst fear." He honestly voiced.

"Only if you're ok with saying, Miss."
"Oh, well... he wasn't the best to me when I was younger. He was very abusive...verbally abusive."
I explain.
"I don't talk to him anymore though."
"I'm so sorry, dear." He genuinely apologizes. "Oh, it's alright. It was just kinda shocking to see something that embodied him." I state.

"I'm sorry that you had to see that." He mutters. "I'm honestly ok, but thanks for checking on me... that really means a lot." I speak as I quietly say the last part of the statement.
"No problem... anytime, Autumn." He says as he smiles at me.
I smile back and start to walk out of the room when he says, "Oh, and have a good day!"
"Thank you! You too!" I cheerfully reply. I started to grow found of Professor Lupin, he was very kind to me... and not many people are.

*chapter end*

A/N: Hey! So sorry that I took forever to update!! I had writers block :(
But hopefully this chapter was ok :))