The stargazing picnic

It was later in the afternoon as Luna and I started to get ready for the picnic.
"Ugh, what should I wear?" I ask.
"Oh, just anything. I think it'll be quite chilly tonight, so probably something to warm you up" she spoke kindly.
"Oh yeah! I can wear my sweater and jeans" I reply. "That would be cute!" Luna says.

The two of us get ready by doing our makeup, hair, and putting on our outfits.
"Should we bring blankets?" Luna asks.
"Yes! We should bring our ravenclaw blankets" I answered. "Ok! I'll pack them in the picnic basket" she replies and smiles.

Both of us walk down to the courtyard and I see blankets on the ground and a sky full of stars. "It's such a beautiful night tonight" I say to Luna but I turn around and see she's not there.

"Luna?" I say and look around for her and spot her talking to Neville.
"Dang, she just disappeared on me like that " I say and chuckle to myself.
"Need some company?" Someone suddenly says. I jumped and turned around to see Cedric, "Oh, Cedric... I didn't know you were there" I say and laugh. "Sorry I startled you" he states and chuckles. "Oh, it's fine. Have you seen Harry around here?" I ask.
"Um, no I haven't. Would you like to look at the stars with me? It's a beautiful night." He asks.
"Oh, thank you...but Harry invited me to be his date tonight, so I need to look for him." I reply and smile. "Oh." he says coldly "Enjoy your night, Autumn." Cedric says and forces a smile.

Part of me felt bad because his feelings were obviously hurt, but I needed to stop worrying about that and find Harry. I decide to walk over to Luna and Neville and say, "Hey guys, have you seen Harry?"
"Hey, Autumn. Actually, I haven't seen Harry yet" Neville answers.
"Oh, ok. Enjoy your date." I reply and wink at Luna. They both start laughing and blushing as I walk away.

I suddenly see Ron and say, "Hey, Ron! Have you seen Harry?"
"Hey! He was dueling with Malfoy earlier, so he had to get cleaned up from that. He should be here soon though" Ron explains. "Oh, is he ok? Why were they dueling?" I ask worriedly. "He's alright. I think Malfoy was mad at him for asking you to the picnic, but I could be wrong. Well, catch you later Autumn." He says.

Before I could say anything, Ron had already walked away to meet with Hermione. Why would Draco be interested in me? Was he planning on asking me to the picnic? Thoughts came rushing through my head about what Ron had told me. My thoughts get interrupted as the boy I've been wanting to see says, "Hey, Autumn! Sorry I'm late."
"It's ok, Harry... I'm just glad you're alright." I state.
He smiles at me and says, "shall we stargaze?"
"We shall." I reply and laugh.

The pale moonlight shining on his face looked beautiful on him as I speak, "I've never seen a night this beautiful."
"It's literally perfect. A gusty breeze, thousands of stars in the night sky, the pale moonlight, and you by my side." Harry passionately spoke. "Wow, you described it so perfectly" I state and blush. "Thank you, i'd have to say the most perfect thing about this night is you" he says and smiles. "That's so sweet" I reply and genuinely smile.

Our moment gets interrupted by Draco saying, "What do you think you're doing, Potter?"
"What do you mean, Malfoy?" He says as he's obviously annoyed. I can't lie and say that I wasn't annoyed, since Harry and I were having such a sweet moment. "I don't believe we've met before" I spoke.
"I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy" He confidently replies. "I know your name, but I don't believe we have been acquainted" I state. "Oh, well... Pleased to meet you, Autumn." He replies as he shakes your hand. I smirk and say, "I've seen you looking at me while we were in class."
"Oh... well... I didn't recognize you... I- I mean I've never seen you before. So you caught my eye because I've never seen you. That's it" He nervously answers. "Oh, alright." I say and raise my eyebrows at his nervousness.
"I should p-probably go, all my friends are probably wondering where I am." He rudely states.

"That was odd" I say to Harry.
"It was very odd, I think he fancies you. He started picking a fight with me earlier because I asked you to the picnic tonight. Draco has never fancied anyone" He states.
"Oh" I reply. "But I think you should stay away from him. He's not a good person" Harry says. "Oh, alright" I say, slightly disappointed.

Luna and Neville walk up, hand in hand... as I can't help but to smile at them in awe. "How are you two doing?" Luna asks. "Pretty well, except for Draco trying to start trouble with me...again" Harry states and rolls his eyes.
"Oh...just ignore Malfoy, Autumn" Luna reassures. "It's fine, he doesn't bother me. But if he bothers Harry, I will have a problem." I say and laugh.

Harry blushes and laughs as he looks at me. "So are you two like... a thing now?" I ask Luna and wiggle my eyebrows. "Well... maybe... yes, we are!" she excitedly says and blushes, still hand in hand with Neville. I look at Neville and he widely smiles. "I'm so happy for both of you" I reply excitedly. "Thank you, love" Luna says happily. "Now it's your turn to get a man" Luna says and looks between Harry and I. Harry blushes and says, "Would both of you like to join our picnic?"
"We'd love that" Neville says.

All of us enjoyed the food that Luna and I packed earlier and were indulged by the exquisite night sky.

*chapter end*