Chapter 29

Dinumog agad ako ng tanong mula sa accounting department and I don't know what to say nor to react after what Darxon announced. I even couldn't understand what Ishaani's look means if she's happy or not because she's just blinking as if she couldn't believe what she heard and couldn't put it in words.

"Why would you announced like that?" I dragged him out of the department and went to the corner of the floor where no one's there.

"Their looks are asking and I have no plan on hiding what I'm doing with you right now." He reasoned out.

"But you should have informed me first before you'll going to inform the others. I froze in shock out there." I blurted.

"Are you not proud to have me?"  He slowly asked. "Are you ashamed that I'm courting you?"

"No. I'm not." I immediately answered as I heard a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Then why?" He asked in a low tone, trying to calm himself of whatever answer I would respond.

"Because you're the president of the company and I'm just a mere accounting manager."

"Iyan ba ang pinag-alala mo?"

"Sa tingin mo ba gustuhin marinig ng ibang tao na nanliligaw ka sa isang accounting manager lang?"

"Anong lang? Hindi ka accounting manager lang. You're the person who inspired me and you're the one I like."

Even if how sweet his words are, that doesn't stop me from defending my point.

"But others couldn't see it that way. Sa tingin mo ba ganyan rin ang nakikita nila?" I continued spitting my thoughts.

"Why do you always care about other people's words? Hindi naman sila parte ng buhay mo at hindi mo naman kailangang dumepende sa sasabihin nila dahil mo iyan, buhay natin ito. Labas sila sa kung ano mang meron tayo, o ano." Tugon niya at nakita ko ang kanyang punto.

He's right, really right. But how I wish I could easily do that. Because even if how much I tried to not depend on their words, I would still end up living to other people's opinions.

The society is toxic for having cruel people, and I'm toxic myself for depending on them when in fact I could just easily not give a damn about it. How I wish I could be the person who doesn't care about what other people would say. Because if I do, my life will be easier. But I'm not. I'm the other way round, and I'm having a hard time dealing with other people's criticisms.

"Let's not argue about this anymore. I already said what I have to say, and they already knew about it. I'm sincere with my feelings and motives with you and I have no plans on backing down." As if not in the office, he stepped closer to me and kissed the top of my head.

I admit that it calms my emotion and it clears the thought that's bombarding my mind. But the next morning, as what I expected, the news quickly flew in the entire company. I only realized by now, that they've already been spreading rumors ever since they heard Ishaani and I talking in the elevator. Kaya pala matiim ang tingin nila sa akin dahil sa chismis na palihim na dumadaloy sa buong building at ngayon napatunayan ang spekulasyon nila. Pero hindi kaaya-aya ang mga salita na lumalabas sa bibig nila.

"Gold digger."

"Ginayuma niya siguro."

"Diba siya yung inspiration kuno?"

"She took advantage for the word inspiration, kaya ngayon nililigawan na siya."

"O baka siya yung nanligaw."

"Andami naman kasing kayang ibigay ni sir DZ. Maari nga niyang ibigay ang buong mundo sa kanya."

"No wonder."