chapter 1

It was a dreadful day in the city of Tokyo the rain poured heavily, grounding all flights. The final screams of aeroplane tyres ceased as the roaring engines rested. The passengers were escorted off of the passenger jet as they made their way towards the luggage collection area. People of all different races, nationalities and ethnicities. But amongst the crowd was a man in a shirt and black trousers carrying a blazer on his shoulder and dragging a suitcase behind him.

The cold air leaked into people lungs and out there noses as the man made his way towards a taxi. Entering the taxi an unfamiliar scent entered the man's nose but he paid it no mind. The taxi driver asked for a location and the man responded with the location of a well known bar, the shady kind of bar that shady kinds of people hang out at.

There was a silence, but not the awkward kind but neither the comfortable kind just a silence that enveloped the two. The man looked out the window before signing "just like home"

The taxi driver looked in the mirror their eyes met unintentionally the suited mans dead stare made the driver swiftly look away "where you from?" His response came a few seconds later "sunny England"
The man reached into his pocket "you mind if I have a fag?" The driver looked at him, confusion so obviously present on his face "what's the matter? Don't you know what a cigarette is?"

"Fucking Christ" the man muttered as he rolled a cigarette, while driving they hit a pot hole and some tobacco fell out "can you watch the road?" Wiping the tobacco from his trouser legs he scrolled his window down, the cold air hit his face as the squeak from the window clearly irritated him in someway.

The silence was broken once again but this time by the flint and steel of the lighter in the mans hand the driver slowly turned the radio up as they turned another corner. "so, why are you going to this bar? It's no place for a tourist to go. The dangerous type hang round there"

The man took another drag of his "fag" before exhaling the warm smoke "nothing much just visiting an old friend"

The taxi came to a stop at a red light. The smoke from the man's cigarette seeped through the crack of the foggy window screen as he pushed his hair out of the way. the rain continued to pour as a deep fog slowly began to settle in the night, the cold air was relaxing to the man.

"I advise not going to that bar, it's full of less than reputable people who do less than reputable things" the taxi came to a stop at a back alley next to a ramen shop. "¥6000 please"

Pulling out his black leather wallet the dark haired man handed the driver six ¥1000 notes and got out of the taxi with his suitcase in tow.

The man made a right turn and passed a puddle of rain water that reflected the moon's light. He stopped at a large metal door, it was rusted at the hinges and looks like it was about to fall of them. A neon sign above it read 'the Hunter's lounge'
The man's shoes became mudded with the dirt from the path as he slowly made his approach to the door. Looking to his left the man saw an empty dumpster. "Decently clean" the black haired drifter muttered to himself before unlatching a brown leather briefcase from the front of the small suitcase afterwards he threw the suitcase in to the dumpster, quietly closing the lid before tuning towards the large door.

Three loud, low, slow knocks boomed throughout the alley and the loud slam of a sliding hatch that let a rather large man peer through.

"Name, business and current place of residence" the deep rough voice of the large man came through the crevice.

The drifter slicked his long, silk like black hair behind his ear before looking the guard straight in the eyes
"My name is Reiji Francis, my business is with your boss concerning some very important information that no doubt will be of use to him, my current place of residence... Is the hotel down the road"

"Weird name, I've never heard the boss mention him then again he's always in that office" the guard thought nothing more of it and let Reiji inside. The door wailed and creaked as it swung open "follow me" the guard didn't speak the whole way, keeping things on a professional level. They took a left at the end of a corridor and went past a bar that lead straight into a pretty big dance floor that took up most of the area, leaving little seating. Reiji could practically taste the scent of alcohol and sweat that entered the air as the young adult continued to party till there heart's content or until they blacked out. The two took another set of stairs up and were met with a door that lead into a private room. "He's in there"

The door opened and Reiji walked inside and the atmosphere completely change, gone was the scent of alcohol and sweat and in came the smell of a strong vanilla candle

"Knock, knock!" Reiji smiled as he turned a corner to see a small fat man sitting at a chair with a laptop in front of him "oh shit, oh shit shit shit" the man began to panick as he quickly stood up from his chair, knocking it over in the process "ah Roman, my friend!"

"Y-you! What are you doing here?!" The fat man known as Roman tripped over himself as he attempted to stand.
"Well you see" Reiji took a knife and two thick metal poles that were connected by some wire in the middle, a fiber wire (a type of garrote) if you will.

"You are in deep deep shit Roman" Reiji's usual calm a polite demeanor was replaced with a scowl. "W-what do you mean?" The shorter man backed into a counter that had bottles of various expensive alcohols on it.

"You see there I was enjoying a nice and calm day in my car, the wind in my hair, the loud sound of the engine purring and the weather was nice for once and you know what happened next? Do you Roman?!" The anger could be seen on Reiji's face it was like his emotions had taken physical form and was now standing before the petrified man.

(Squeamish readers be warned of the following paragraphs scroll down to the next a/n to skip)

Slowly Roman shook his head. The drifter slowly approached the short man "liar!" Reiji shouted before delivering a haymaker that could rival Hercules in sheer power. The force sent Roman straight to the ground. "C'mon you son of a bitch! You think you can try and assassinate me?!" Reiji kicked Roman in the ribs, hearing an audible cracked he smirked sadistically. "That was for my car"

Reiji grabbed Roman by the hair. Reiji forced Romans hand onto the table and pulled out his knife, twirling it in his hand before slamming it through the shorter man's house. The knife pierced flesh and bone as Roman screamed in pain. Reiji grabbed the handle of the knife, wiggling it in Roman's hand, the searing pain overtook Romans body. Crimson liquid embraced his skin as it poured onto the expensive carpet. "That was for the two weeks in hospital!" Reiji tied his silk black hair back before looking at his work.

The black haired man grabbed Romans arm, dislocating it. But before Roman could react Reiji grabbed the knife handle (still in Roman's hand, pinning it to the table) and held it firmly in place before riping Romans arm like a Beyblade, splitting his hand in two.

Roman collapsed onto the floor, still conscious of everything around him. Reiji's footsteps were like earthquakes to the rat. "Nothing to say Roman? No ranting about how you're cousin Niko is going to come down here and kick my ass?" Reiji circled the poor man. Chuckling to himself Reiji smiled "I liked you and Niko I really did, but you just had to pay him to run me off the road didn't you? Let me tell you what I've done to you is nothing in comparison to the sheer amount of pain and agony he went through and let me tell you I enjoyed every second of it, his screams of pain was like the angles above were singing to me"

Chuckling to himself Reiji grabbed his fiber wire and placed his knee on Romans head. Fear, pure fear could be seen in Roman's eyes, like a deer caught in the headlights of a moving car Roman did nothing as Reiji snaked the wire around Romans kneck. The combined pressure collapsed the man's windpipe and he slowly suffocated to death as Reiji watched with a sick sence of joy in his eyes.

(A/n The horror has ended)

Reiji calmly exited the room as he walked through the night club, his usual friendly and carefree nature completely masked his sadistic and torturous side. Humming a light tune Reiji grabbed his briefcase from the empty dumpster and walked out of the alley in the opposite direction of the hotel.