Chapter Thirty-One: Day One- Task Completion and Tension

Author's Note: Hello again, kiddos. I am here with another chapter of this fic. I am still sick, of course, and I have not really been allowed to sleep, but at least I can concentrate better for longer periods of time today. Maybe I can get out this chapter in a decent amount of time without losing focus. As usual, don't be afraid to comment your thoughts, opinions and other things of the such, because I like to read them, even if I don't get to reply to them all.

-This is a page break-

After everyone had situated themselves, and rested for a couple of minutes, they got ready for the second trial of their exercises. Sandra tapped her shoes on the ground, smirking to herself as she felt confident and energized. She knew it was not going to be as much of a cakewalk as it was the first time, but she was pretty tough, and she adapted to situations pretty well.

The way the exercise was situated was simple; all of them went one-after-the-other, in an orderly fashion. One person steps forward to traverse an obstacle. The second said person made it to the first checkpoint, the person behind the subject traverses the obstacle next. This was set in place to keep training timely, and organized. All of them single-file going over a challenge, waiting for the last person in line to complete that challenge, and then moving on to the next one.

Nightmare was the first one in line, her focused gaze scanned the training fields, trying to mentally time when she could pass by moving obstacles with minimal use of her newfound 'quirk' that she had discovered while she had done that exam in the training area. She knew she had to train while using the power as well, but it was good to know how to be resilient, that way she did not exhaust herself or her powers before they were actually needed.

Placing a foot back, and narrowing her eye, she rushed forward as soon as the timer let out a small beep, letting her know to get moving.

All of the others cheered for her as she easily dodged her way around flying obstacles, and small pit-falls. The objects started out small, making them easier to evade. However, as she continued, more sinkholes appeared, and the obstacles became smaller and smaller. Most of the movement was dodging, ensuring she did not get hit at all. It became clear, though, that she needed to use her tentacles as a shield. Something that would not harm her, because they were made up of dark matter, and not of actual muscle tissue. She would feel no real pain.

Powering forward, the girl brought up the appendages on her back, and wrapped them around herself, continuing forward at a steady, strong pace. It would have likely been a bad idea to try to place her tentacles on the ground, they had a hard time supporting her weight on unlevel surfaces that were not concrete, or at the very least, solid.

After a few more seconds of tedious dodging, and quick shuffles, she passes the first checkpoint, stopping to turn around and wait for the next person in line to start on the exercise.

Epic was the next participant in line, the girl thought very briefly, before looking over and noticing one of the workers that were associated with Sosei drinking a fountain soda. She thought for a moment, before beckoning him over "Hey, bruh, you see dat drink dere?" She gestured to the cup, and the man nodded, mostly confused at this point. "Yeah, uh, can I borruh a couples cubes, please?"

The man, still confused, obliged, and removed a couple of the cubes from the cup, before handing them over.

"Thanks bruh, dis is gonna help me out." Epic ran back to the line, dropping the cubes on the ground, before jumping on them. "Ice, Ice, baby!" She called out. After a few seconds, frost starts to form under her feet. "Whoo, it's workin!"

Epic dashed forward, before concentrating her thoughts on making the ice thicker. The ice forms steading under her feet, and she skates over the first obstacle at a radical speed, making it to the other side. She needed to continually dodge the oncoming objects, but it was nothing she couldn't handle. Upon touching the checkpoint, it goes off, signaling the next person in line to go.