Seventeen | Halloween

I finished my schoolwork early, cramming it all into one night and turning everything in so I could make room for my investigation into whoever this 'Kingpin' was. I had gone to city hall as myself, looking through records of anyone named Kingpin, but the only thing I found was a news clipping that mentioned him being a member of the Maggia crime syndicate, which on its own wasn't much.

Peter and I spent the next few days alternating between investigating thrift stores for Halloween costume pieces, fighting crime, doing school work, and investigating Kingpin.

In the first few thrift stores we didn't find anything, but we were planning on visiting a few more over the next few days as Halloween was fast approaching. We had also done some more digging on Kingpin's real identity but so far we hadn't come up with anything. We had however, been able to find out more about the 'Green Goblin' as the Daily Bugle had dubbed him.

The tech had been stolen from Oscorp, and when asked to comment, Norman Osborn simply replied that he was looking into it, and that if and when they found out who the Goblin was, they would notify the authorities.

By his side stood Harry Osborn, the heir to the company, who looked very uninterested, and seemed to be too busy texting to look up.

"Hey, Peter, look at this." I said, pushing off from his desk and rolling across the room to where Peter was lying on the bottom bunk of his bed. "In an interview for a science magazine Osborn mentioned an anonymous donor who was sponsoring the glider project." Peter held out his hand and I passed my phone to him.

"Do you think it could be Kingpin?" Peter asked, and I shrugged.

"No way to know." I sighed, accepting my phone from him. I rolled back over to Peter's desk, and continued reading. "How do you usually do investigations?" I asked, letting my head roll to the side so I could stare at Peter.

"Well, Karen has a facial recognition feature so I usually use that to get more information on the person. But since-" Peter began, pausing when he saw my face.

"So you mean to tell me we didn't have to do three hours of research on this guy? Also doesn't that mean that you could've recognised me?" I asked, and Peter shook his head.

"No, I tried finding out who you were - sorry that sounds creepy - but Karen said there was something interfering with her facial recognition program when I asked about you."

"Dang. Guess I'm just that good." I joked, and Peter snorted a laugh.

"I guess I could check and see if Karen has anything on him..." Peter started and I nodded. "He was wearing a mask but maybe she found something?" Peter sounded doubtful.

Peter pulled the mask over his head, and I grabbed the web shooter on his desk, using it to pull the shades down. I went back to scanning the article, trying to find out what bank Norman Osborn used. It took a lot of digging around on the dark web, but I finally found it, and bookmarked the tab - I'd had to switch to a computer - before turning to Peter.

"Hey Peter, know any hackers?" I asked, and he looked over, eyes adjusting.

I snorted, as the suit's eyes narrowed. "What?" he asked, and I laughed.

"The suit makes you look so much less threatening!" I smiled, and Peter pulled the mask off.

"What? Spider Man is terrifying!" he said, and I tugged the mask out of his grip, pulling it on.

"Hey guys whats up! I'm Spider Man!" I mimicked, making my voice higher, and narrowing my eyes.

"Hey- What! I do not sound like that!" Peter said indignantly.