Thirty One | Buildings, Docks, and Goblin Men

"Go get ready, ok? It's time to finish this."

The crowd cheered again as Peter swung off, Aura following behind, and I rushed into the crowd, attempting to blend in as much as I could.

If they - the EMT's - saw me here, and they were the same people who'd helped me any of the other times I'd been in an ambulance, they might start to get suspicious. And with everything going on, I couldn't handle anything more pressing than a supervillain kidnapping his own son, whom I was friends with and maybe dating? 

We hadn't discussed labels yet.

I made it home in about fifteen minutes, and found Peter waiting in my room, window open and shades pushed aside. My hair, no longer in its 'messy' bun, practically fell out when I turned from climbing inside.

"Aura's outside we need to hurry, what happened?" several questions spilled out of Peter as I hastily pulled off my jacket.

I dug my Black Cat costume out from inside my laundry basket and tossed it onto my bed, adjusting the shades so no one could see in.

"I went over to Harry's because Aura called me and said he found out who the Goblin was." I explained, tugging my shirt over my head. 

Peter turned away, opting to stare at the wall two inches from his face than me in a bra. 

Had I more time I would've laughed, or poked a little fun at Peter, but I didn't, or more accurately, Harry didn't. "I went over and he was freaking out. He was worried he'd turn out like his father, so I comforted him, and calmed him down." I continued, sitting back on my bed to kick my pants off.

Stepping into the black bodysuit, I zipped up the front, tugging it all the way up to my collar bone, a.k.a, as far as it would go. Pulling on the black boots that seemed to meld with the rest of the costume, I did a quick stretch to make sure everything was nice and comfortable. Grabbing the gloves with claws out from under my bed, I regretted not having them the last few fights.

"Alright I'm changed." I said lightly, picking the mask up and fixing it to my face. "Anyways, we were making omelettes when Norman showed up. I went to get the door and he was there - tossed some kind of green smoke bomb into the room that messed with my senses." I pulled back the blinds and followed Peter out the window, jumping up from fire escape to fire escape until I crouched on the roof.

As soon as I was standing, Peter engulfed me in a hug which I relaxed into until Aura coughed loudly.

"Harry's place, now! Let's go!!" she said anxiously, and the three of us swung off.

"Aura, are you alright? We need to go into this fight with clear minds." I said, and she shook her head, the blonde bun on her head swaying aggressively.

"He's my best friend. I can't lose him." she said, and I nodded.

"We won't let that happen." Peter assured her, and Aura nodded, taking several calming breaths before she nodded again, seeming more calm this time.

Since neither Peter nor I had been to Harry's penthouse apartment, Aura led the way.

Although the apartment was mostly windows, and took up the top two floors of the building, we couldn't see inside, some kind of fancy rich person tint on the windows. Opting not to smash through the glass to get in, and risk sending showers of glass shards down onto the many bystanders below, we decided on a more tactical approach: entering through the lobby.

Apparently word had spread about what had happened, as there was a crowd waiting for us when we arrived. A cheer rose, and that definitely seemed to help lift Aura's spirits as we pushed open the glass doors and walked inside.