Chapter Thirteen- A Flair for the Negative

Harrison’s POV

            Maybe staying in bed all night was a great idea, but I was glad Tony had made me take a shower. I stepped under the hot water and breathed in the steam. Washing my self slowly, I smiled. I thought about a lot of things as I went through the motions of washing myself. Tony was the biggest attraction in the city of my head. Screw “a lot of things,” every little thought had something to do with Tony.

            My smile suddenly disappeared when I caught sight of the burn scars that lined my arm. It’d been so long. I’d been so happy- at least outside of the coma. Out of no where, anything positive left my brain. All the negative things that could happen were filling my mind, clouding my thoughts. What would happen when Tony left to finish the tour? He was going to leave me. He’d say he was coming back, but what if he was in another accident, what if all the guys died in an accident? What if Ethan found Tony and killed him?

            Oh god, the thought hit me, I would end up losing Tony somehow. He wouldn’t stick around very long. He wouldn’t want me. I would bore him; he would get tired of looking at my ugly face after a while. It only felt like we’d been together forever because for ninety percent of it we’d both be in a coma. What if Tony and the guys were leaving as I thought about this? That was the plan, right? She’ll be in the shower, we’ll leave and she’ll be too broken to find us.

            Or was I just being paranoid? I was killing myself right now… Right? I quickly finished my shower to test my theory. Drying off and finding my clothes from the bedroom, I walked out into the living room, sighing dramatically at the sight of all four of the guys lounged throughout.

            “Hey sleeping beauty,” Mike stated at my presence. Tony blushed while Vice and Jaime laughed like little children with a secret.

            Maybe it wasn’t a secret. Tony said something bad about me and they knew it, they knew Tony thinks I’m ugly… That’s why Mike said sleeping beauty. A tear escaped from my eyes, Tony thought I was bad and even told the rest of the guys. I walked straight through the living room and out the door. They wouldn’t care if I left right?

                                                            Vic’s POV

            After a minute or two of Harrison just standing there she walked, I assumed to the kitchen. But she just walked on out the door. Everyone’s head popped up at the sound of the closing door.

            “Where’d she go?” Tony asked, worried.

            “I don’t know… She just walked out, I think she might’ve been crying,” I said quietly.

            Tony jumped up and flew out the door, grabbing his cell phone off the couch. Mike and Jaime looked at me.

            “What do you think that was about?” Jaime looked at me.

            “I dunno. They’ll be back.” I said, and looked back at the TV, not worrying about it.

                                                            Tony’s POV

            After Hare ran off, I ran after her. This was random, she just left, and crying? Nobody said anything. Was she embarrassed, and that made her upset? Or was she upset that we’d had sex? I didn’t understand the way she left, or her leaving at all. I finally found her, she running. Running and crying she was going pretty fast too. Every ten feet or so, she’d slow down and huff and puff, then sprint away again. I ran to catch up to her and got there as she slowed down again. I put my hand on her shoulder to stop her before she ran away again.

            What’s wrong babe? Why’d you leave?” I tried to look at her but she averted her eyes.

            “You hate me and the guys know I’m ugly too,” She puffed out in between sobs.

            “What? No I don’t! You’re beautiful, and the guys don’t think you’re ugly, baby girl.” I said, trying to talk some sense into her.

            “Yeah that’s why they were laughing, you told them about what I looked like, when we were naked and they were laughing ‘cos all they see is ugly, if they didn’t before.” She mumbled, hiccups breaking up the words.

            “No, no, no, baby girl. They just, um, heard us. And were laughing because they think they’re funny. You’re beautiful, you take my breath away every time I look at you, your smile is contagious, and your body is perfect. There is no doubt, and anyone who has said different is crazy. You’re perfect, Harebear.” I finished and she smile, giggling a little bit.

            “Right back atcha Tonnster,” She laughed, mainly at herself.

            We walked back hand in hand, just talking, but soon we were back at the house. I eagerly opened the door and threw her over my shoulder. She laughed wildly and punched my back.

            “Put me down! Tony! Come on!” She yelled at me, but I walked on and tossed her onto the bed, leaving her there and locking the door behind me. Adding a chair to keep her in, I rounded up the guys.

            “Yes? You guys aright… I mean it sounded like it, but what do I know.” Jaime exchanged a look with Mike and laughed.

“She was upset because of you guys! She freaked out ‘cos she thought we were laughing about her being ugly and me not liking the sex!” I whisper-yelled at the guys.

            They looked back like deer in headlights, “Oh... Sorry man, we’ll be more careful, she just…” Vic trailed off, scratching the back of his neck.

            “Yeah just be a little more careful, okay? Thanks.” As if on cue, I heard banging from the bedroom.

            “What’s going on in there Tony?” Mike asked.

            “I didn’t want her coming out while we were talking. I Think we’re in for the night, see ya tomorrow!” I yelled as I walked back to my princess.