Chapter Thirty Five- Fall Asleep On The FIrst Offense

Harrison’s POV

            I quickly threw a couple outfits and toiletries in my overnight bag, anxious about what the guys had planned. Their use of the word ‘intervention’ was intentionally vague. Carefully checking over my things to make sure it looked like I was leaving for a longer period of time than the weekend, I walked out of my room and onto the front steps, Will following behind me. He jumped in front of me to open my door, and then slid into the driver’s seat, speedily backing out. In no more than 10 minutes, we arrived at his small house on a street in the Olde Town. In this maze of nineteenth century homes and one-way streets, his house looked pretty modern. I didn’t realize I had just been sitting there until Will opened my door and grabbed my bag, gesturing as if to say “you coming?” I hurriedly got out of the car and walked with him into his house.

            “Uh, there’s only one bedroom available, and that’s mine. So um, I can sleep on the couch if you’re uncomfortable sleeping with me?” Will um-ed and uh-ed out.

            “Nah it’s fine, although if I freak out in the middle of the night it’s probably because I’ve been sleeping alone. And if I invade your personal space, just push me over, or if I start spazzing out just wake me up, it’ll be no big deal.”

            “Oh, okay.” And with that, Will walked into the kitchen, and the noises traveling to the entrance way told me he was making food.

            “You hungry?” his question confirmed my suspicions, and since I had eaten earlier, I responded with a simple no, asking for directions to the bedroom. Once I got there, I felt a smile crease my face. Posters covered the walls and a desk in the corner was covered in markers and paints and pencils. I walked carefully, afraid he was going to feel I was snooping. I found a stack of paper and canvas, different portraits or doodles, all with a lazy signature and date at the bottom. They were really great, actually. Knowing he was downstairs cooking or eating or something, and I was worn out, I pulled of my jeans and jacket, throwing them on top of my bag and pulling out my worn out sweatshirt. I got undressed down to my panties and then pulled the sweatshirt over my head. Once I was settled in and organized, I pulled down the covers and slid into bed, cuddling up against the pillows. I found my latest book and turned on the bedside light, soon losing myself in the novel.

                                                            Will’s POV

            As I put together a meal for one, like I had for the past four years, I thought about why I was forced to come pick up Harrison so hastily, on such short notice. Her boys were up to something to fix things between her and Tony, I guess. I ate quietly, and hearing no noise, went upstairs to make sure Harrison was doing alright.

            Before I got to the doorway, I began to call out. “Hey, Harrison, getting set-” I stopped yelling when I got to the doorway and saw that Harrison was asleep. She still clutched a book, and her glasses were at an odd angle on her face. I put the book face down on the bedside table and tugged her glasses off her face. Being as quiet as I could, I got undressed down to boxers, but then stood there staring at my spot on the bed. I debated whether she’d be okay with me sleeping in my boxers. I guess it wasn’t that big of a deal, nothing was going to happen. We didn’t like each other that way, and she’d (hopefully) have her boyfriend back by Tuesday when I was supposed to take her home. I got into bed, and upon lifting up the covers, I saw that Harrison wasn’t wearing pants either. Her nice butt was covered by pink daisy boy shorts, he almost-too-thin legs smooth from a fresh shave. I got myself comfortable and did my best to fall asleep quickly and to stop worrying about Harrison.