Chapter 14

Y'all last chapter was 3K words but you guys said it was short. This one is 5K words.
Call it short now and I'll throw hands
.
.
.

Mike bit his quivering bottom lip and looked up at Bright, waiting for any instruction.

He heard Bright sighing loudly before pulling out his gun and loading it.

"What are we gonna do?"  Mike asked, nervous.

"You stay here and just focus on security cameras. I want no virtual evidence behind us" Bright ordered, his voice angry. Without saying much, he ran to the stairs, taking down two steps at a time, his long silky hair bouncing up and down with his hurried movement.

He immediately pushed himself out of building out in the crowdy street, looking around at almost dozen police mobiles.

He let out series of heavy breaths and gritted his teeth , trying to think of a solution.

Hastily, he went closer to the targeted shop and saw police not only outside the main entrance but also at the small backdoor, standing there with their weapons ready.

"Gun!?" Bright sneakily put his hand over his Bluetooth device and asked "Can you hear me?"

"Yes! What are we gonna do now?" Gun anxious voice came from the other side.

Bright sighed in relief and replied "Okay listen to what I say. When I say, slowly release customers from the backdoor. Only two at a time"

Bright spoke as he walked forward. There was a huge crowd gathered around, making it difficult for police to do their work. Half of them were escalating people out of the area.

Bright took this opportunity and sneakily came behind a young lady around 27 years old and pushed the front of his gun at her back, bringing his face closer to her ear "Stay still"

She got startled and tried to turn back but Bright gave her a harsh jerk and pressed the gun further into her back, bruising her skin "I told you not to move you dumb bitch"

The lady immediately got frightened, her body freezing as Bright's harsh words fell into her ear. Bright glanced ahead and slowly patted woman's head, pretending to be her close relative who was calming her down.

"Now listen closely" Bright whispered, his voice cold and impatient, he pressed the weapon's metal onto her back to keep her under fear "You go over to those officers and wail that you child is stuck inside the shop"

The terrified woman kept breathing heavily, unable to respond properly.

"Divert their attention or else I'll kill you right here" Bright ordered and jerked her slowly once. He glanced around and saw everyone's attention was on jewellery store.

She nodded her head, trembling as her feet slowly moved forward towards officers. As soon as she came in Officer's line of sight, she started crying like a widow.

"Officers please help me My child is inside there!"

"Mam Have patience. Don't worry we'll get everyone out safe and sound" One of the officer said, calming her down.

"You don't understand he is just a kid! He must be terrified!" She cried and looked around "Please help me get my kid out!"

Random 1 or 2 gentlemen came forth, volunteering to help the poor woman, wishful to participate in good deed.

Bright immediately pressed his Bluetooth device and ordered Gun to release few of the hostages through the back door.