Chapter 5 ~ The Truth Comes Out

Molly decided not to answer the message and continued to walk to the mess hall. Walking in she noticed Georgie sitting at the end of a table looking out one of the many windows she quickly got something for lunch and sat down opposite her knocking her out of her daydreaming. she gave her a small smile before starting to eat her lunch.

Okay, you were the one that texted me, and now you won't talk to me? Molly asked a bit confused

Have you talked to Charles yet?

No, not yet, why does it matter, can I just enjoy lunch with my friend without talking about the fact that my fiancé is still married, to who I though was his ex-wife, or the fact that when I asked him about he could not give me a straight answer, so no I have not talked to Charles yet. Now can we please eat lunch and not talk about it. Molly said

Yeah, we can do that. And with that they started to eat their lunch whilst also changing the topic.

It wasnt long until they had finished lunch and Molly was back in her office. She had gotten a reply for the CO she was covering asking if she could cover the next few lessons. She was sitting in her office when there was a knock on the door, she looked up to see Charles standing in her doorway again.

What can I do for you Captain James? she said looking back at the forms she was filling out.

Lance Corporal Dawes, I was wondering if I could speak to you about something, something personal? Charles asked as he walked in closing the door behind him, he then took a seat across from her and waited for her response.

I hate to break it to you, but you are going to have to listen to me at some point, so it is going to be now. When Rebecca and I first talked about getting divorced, I organised with my lawyer the divorce papers, I signed them and sent them off, and didnt look back. I was just as surprised as you where when you found the divorce papers, I didnt sign them straight away because there was one thing different in these ones. Charles said without waiting for Molly to reply.

Molly didnt say anything, so he continued.

In the first set of divorce papers, Rebecca and I settled for 50-50 custody of Sam, I hesitated about signing this set because Rebecca is wanting full custody of Sam, but I signed them and I am going to get in touch with my lawyer, and I am going to fight and get back 50-50 custody. Charles told her

I dont understand, why did you sign them, if there was custody changes without talking to you lawyer first. We all know what Rebecca can be like, she could take you to court and use the excuse that you were the one that signed the divorce papers and you didnt have any objections when you signed them. Molly said with a bit of confusion.

Molly, I will sort this out, I wanted to sign them and get them out of the house, I did it for you, so we can get on and start planning our wedding.

I didnt want you doing that if you could lose Sam, why would you not talk to me about it. I am your fiancé you need to talk to me about these things before you go and make these big decisions by yourself. Molly said in a bit of disbelief about what she had just heard.

You should have talked to me we could have figured it out, instead you lied to my face on many occasions when you should have been talking to me about this.

Would you have listened to me if I did talk to you, if I told you, you would have flipped out like you did,

Yeah I would have but I would have been a lot more open to talking about it.

Look can we talk about this at home where we can sort out a way in which Rebecca does not get full custody of Sam, so that both of us can still see him, and I know what your thinking, and the answer is yes, I promise I will talk to you when we get home, now I have some work to do, and I am finishing early, I have to go and talk to the Brigadier, I need to cover a few more lessons for this CO.

Standing up Molly collected the paperwork that she needed and walked around to the other side of her desk to stand in front of Charles.

I will see you around, if not I will see you at home, where we will continue to talk about this, with that she dropped a kiss onto his lips before walking out, one her way out she told him to close the door when he left.

It didnt take her long with the Brigadier, she then went back to her office, packed up her things and headed home, because she started earlier then usual she also finished earlier also, on the way home Molly stopped at the store to pick up something for dinner. Like always she go a few weird look because she was still in her uniform. However, she didnt pay any attention to them and minded her own business.

When she got home she got changed out of her uniform before starting dinner, whilst doing that she called Georgie.

Please tell me you have good news,

Charles and I talked, he told me the truth and we are going to talk about it more tonight after he gets home from work.

Good, so then you can start planning the wedding?

Yes, then we can start planning the wedding. Molly then heard the doorbell go.

Ah, Georgie, I have to go, I will talk to you later and let you know how it went. With that they said their goodbyes and hung up, Molly then made her way towards the door. She had a small smile on her face as she opened the door, and who she found staring back at her when she opened the door had the smile slid from her face.