Chapter 1 ~ Looking for Love or not?

Molly never meant to fall in love with him on her first tour. She just wanted to get there do her job and get out. She was the only female on the tour, so she already felt like she was getting scrutinised at every second of everyday as soon as she had stepped foot off of the plain. She still remembers the first time they had met. As she stood at the end of the line ready for the picture before they left. She felt so short. When she first set eyes on him she felt her stomach do a flip, he stood there in his uniform all neatly tucked in, his army beret perched neatly on his head. He wore an emotionless face a slight crease between his eyebrows, the only thing she could do was laugh at him calling them cockwombles, which got her a threat to be lobed out of the plane.

As she lay in their bed her head resting on his chest she can feel the rise and fall as he takes each breath. She shifts her head slightly where she sees a slight glint in the light. She turns her head more and looks at the ring sitting on her finger. Remembering back a few hours ago when he had gotten down on one knee and proposed. At first she was in complete shock as the words will you marry me that came out of his mouth. All she could do was nod her head; she could not physically make the word Yes. Now laying here in their bed she remembers back to the fist day they met. She was so distracted that she didnt even realise he had woken up.

Are you having second thoughts already? Charles asks softly,

What?, sorry no, was just thinking about the first day we had met, thats all. She replied with a small smile and she gave him a quick peck on his lips. She then snuggled closer as they both closed their eyes.

It was the next morning when she woke, as she stretched out in bed her hand hit a cold patch, where Charles body should be. She sat up a bit worried like she had dreamt what had happened last night. she sat up in bed and looked at the clock, it was still early, but why was he not in bed. Pulling back the covers she slipped a cardigan on as she had another look at the ring that sat perfectly on her finger like it had always been there.

She walked out of the bedroom and slowly made her way down stairs, she first looked in the kitchen but, Charles was not there, she then checked the lounge room, but was not there either, and finally she looked out the window and found him sitting on one of the lounge chairs a cup his Rosabaya coffee sitting in hand and resting on the arm of the chair he looked deep in thought.

She slowly opened the back door and stepped outside, without him noticing. Are you having second thoughts already? she said repeating his words back to him from earlier on. He looked up at her as she gave him a small smile which he returned; she then took a seat on his lap linking her arms around his neck as he wrapped his free arm around her waist.

I was just thinking about how good it is going to be to be able to you my wife. He said with a smile.

Slow down, we only just got engaged. We havent even told our parents yet. She said returning the smile once again.

Well maybe we should tell them today, at least my parents anyway. Charles said knowing how it will go down with hers, which was not good. They always thought she was with him for his money, not because she genuinely loved him.

Yeah, we probably should. She said with some hesitation in her voice, knowing how her parents are going to react with their news.

Hey, we are going to do this at your pace, we dont have to tell your parents right away, we can wait a bit, but I would like to tell my parents. I was going to call them in a bit and invite them around for dinner if that is okay with you.? He asked dropping a kiss on her head.

Yeah, I am okay with that. I would love that in fact. She said with a smile on her face.

They both sat there for a bit longer before deciding that they had to get ready for the day. Molly went back upstairs for a shower whilst Charles called his parents to invite them around for dinner. When Molly came back downstairs Charles had cooked her breakfast of toast and butter, which was because they were the only things in the house that was suitable for breakfast, he had also made her a cup of tea. After breakfast she had to go shopping. Sitting on the small bench at the from door she slipped on her sneakers and coat grabbing the car keys and her handbag. She yelled to Charles that she was going shopping before walking out the door.