"Paul invited me to his basketball match today." I tell Lisa and Austin as we walk towards the food court.

"This guy is behaving weird these days." Lisa said plainly.

"Maybe he is smitten by you all of a sudden." Austin jokes but it only makes me choke on my water that I was drinking. Both of them laugh as they look at me.

****

I went and took a seat on the top row. Everyone is cheering for Paul. And suddenly I hope Lisa was here with me so that we could enjoy the match together.

Few minutes later Paul and his team walks in. He looks towards me and smiles. I smile and raise my thumb to wish him good luck. This attention feels so foreign to me. Austin is the only guy friend I have and having a boyfriend is something that has never happened to me.

Suddenly I am brought out of my thoughts by the vibration of my phone.

*I wasn't expecting you here.* It was from Nick.

I am beyond shocked now and I look around but I couldn't see him anywhere.

*You don't really expect to see me anywhere. * I replied him.

There was no reply to my message for next five minutes. The match started and I focused on the ground to spot Paul.

"I do expect to see you though." I am startled by the voice beside me. Nick was sitting beside me looking straight into my eyes.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I came to see your boyfriend's match." He said looking towards the ground.

"Boyfriend? Who?" I asked him shocked.

"The guy who sits next to you in computer lab." He said with a straight face.

"Paul? He is not my boyfriend. We are just friends." I said with annoyance.

We didn't speak for the next 10 minutes I guess.

"Do you want to get out of here?" He suddenly asked me.

Not that I wanted to go with him but I was getting really bored. Sports is really not my thing.

"Okay." I said and we walked out of there.

"You came here alone?" He asked me as we were walking on the street. I don't know to where but yeah we were walking.

"Yeah. What about you?" I asked him and I am surprised by my first civilized response to him.

"I came here with Lucas and his girlfriend, Bella but I don't know where they are." He said shoving his hands inside his pocket.

So the other girl in their group is Lucas's girlfriend. I realize Nick is really tall as we walk towards the Big Brother's restaurant.

"Do you want to eat something?" He asked me.

My stomach felt completely empty so I didn't deny.

I ordered dumplings while he ordered a burger.

We were sitting opposite to each other and this whole face to face situation was making me nervous.

There was an awkward silence when I finally spoke. "Don't you have a college to go? How do you manage to come here?"

"We have our semester break. And this was one of the lame ideas of Lucas to come and guide junior IT aspirants." He said with a straight face.

He has beautiful blue eyes. But I need to focus on the rude comment that he just made.

"Lame? Why did you come here then?" I asked him, irritation was clearly distinct in my voice.

"I decided to come just on the first day and then back out because he was so persistent about it." He said with a smirk.

That smirk. That stupid smirk which made me feel something in the pit of my stomach.

"Why did you show up the next day?" I asked him.

"Because I think this is going to be an interesting experience." He said maintaining his smirk. That exact smirk which he had on the wedding day when he caught me looking at me.

I avert my eyes from him.

Our food arrived and I couldn't be anymore relieved.

I was so hungry, I almost forgot he was here. When I looked towards him he was busy eating too. He looked up and I immediately shifted my attention towards my food.

"You seem to be starving. Do want to order anything more?" He asked me.

I don't know why but this sent a warm feeling inside me.

"No. I am full." I replied , almost to myself.

I insisted on spliting the bill and we walked out of the restuarant.

"I should be heading towards my home now." I said as I looked towards him.

"I can walk you there."he said looking everywhere but me.

Having a civilised conversation with him feels so awkward.

"Thanks but it's really not necessary." I smiled and walked away as faster as I could.

I reached home and checked my phone to see if there were any messages or calls.

*Where are you?*
*I hope you have reached home safely.* Paul had messaged me.

I almost forgot about him.

*Yeah I am home. I had some things to get done so I couldn't wait till the end of the match.* I replied.

There were no texts from Nick. I was so tired that I went to bed immediately after taking a bath.

****

"How was the match yesterday?" Lisa asked me as we walked towards the library. I had to issue some books.

"It was great." I lied.

I haven't told her about Nick yet. Not that it is anything that I should lie about but I really don't want to talk about him.

"You are coming to my place this weekend. You know that right?" She asked me excitedly.

"Yeah, I know. I am excited." I said. I love my best friend , she might be mean to most of the people but she is a sweetheart. Maybe that is why Austin likes her alot. Thinking about them together makes me smile. But I don't know if Lisa has any feelings for Austin.

We were in the class when Ashley came and took a seat beside me.

This is not going to end well.

Comment and do let me know how you are liking the story so far. :)