Part 8 x

After what felt like hours of walking I could finally see lights. I sped up walking forgetting that Molly couldn't walk that fast and ended up hurting her a little but she said that she was fine. We have been walking so long that I figured that Molly should sit down for a bit.

"I think that we should take a break and let you rest for a few minutes so you don't hurt yourself anymore."

"No, we're almost there we can't stop now."

She tried to stand up on her own and she did, for a second then she collapsed and hit the ground pretty hard.

"Maybe you're right, we should stay here for a little bit. Plus that fall kind of hurt and I don't think I can stand up right now let alone walk."

"I told you. Stay here I'll be right back."

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to stand on top of that hill over there and see if there are any buildings."

"Okay but can you hurry, I don't want to stay here much longer."

"Will do."

I said with a smile, trying to cheer her up and then left for the hill. When I made it up the hill, I looked to see where we were and I noticed lights coming from some buildings. We were so close I was filled with excitement and ran down the hill back to Molly.

"We're so close, there are some stores up ahead we should reach them soon. Do you think you can walk now or do you need to rest some more?"

"I think I can walk now. Still hurts a little but I think I can manage."

"Alright let's go, just tell me if you need to rest again okay?"

"Yeah okay."

Once again I pulled her up and we continued walking. After a few minutes I heard something rustle in the bushes behind us. I thought it was an animal so I didn't care. All I cared about right now was getting Molly home safe, I didn't care about my safety as much as I cared for hers. She had been through so much within the span of two days she shouldn't have to worry anymore.

I ignored the sound for a little longer until I realized that the rustle turned into footsteps. We didn't pass a single person so the only person this could be was Sarah.

"Shit I think Sarah found us, we need to speed up so she can't catch us."

"I don't think I can walk any faster than this."

"Well, you have to try. Shift more of your weight on me, I can help you so you don't have to try so hard."

"Are you sure?"

"Just do it, we don't have much time!"

She did exactly what I said and shifted her body weight from herself to me. We sped up a bit and I couldn't really hear the footsteps anymore but we didn't slow down.

I could finally see lights from the buildings through the trees and we kept going until we finally made it out to open space. The last problem we had to face was the road we had to cross. There wasn't a light for another few minutes down the road so we had once again, another walk to complete.

We started walking again and soon enough we reached the light, waiting for it to change and then we crossed. We rushed into the closest store so that we could use a phone to call my parents since I live closer to this store.

I didn't put Molly down this time because she didn't really want me to leave her alone for too long and I didn't know how long this would take. When we were looking for one of the employees when a customer saw that Molly was hurt and asked if he could help.

"Actually can I use your phone to call my parents to come and pick us up?"

"Yeah of course."

He quickly handed me his phone. Almost immediately after I dialed the number my mom picked up.

"Hello mom?"

"Hello who is this?"

"Mom it's me, Hailey."

"Hailey, where have you been!?" She said angrily.

"I'll explain later. I'm with Molly right now and she needs to go to the hospital can you take us?"

"Why what happened?"

"I said I'll explain later we're at the store on the corner we'll wait inside the store until you get here."

"Don't worry, I'm on my way."

She hung up and in less than ten minutes she was in the store looking for us. When we got into the car we didn't really talk much because Mom was so focused on driving it was like she forgot we were there.

I used Mom's phone to call Molly's parents and told them that we were heading to the hospital. They freaked out the same way my mom did but so much worse which was understandable.

When we got to the hospital I once again carried Molly in. My mom went over to talk with the lady at the desk while Molly and I sat in waiting area.

A/N: 870 words.