Now when I tell you I have no clothes for a high school party, I mean I have NO CLOTHES.

Sammy had popped his head in and out of my room, asking me what I was wearing and how long I would be.

He had popped his head in not two minutes ago telling me he would be waiting for me downstairs. I hadn't even decided what I was wearing yet.

Alice and Jake were meeting us here and we would all leave together. They were getting here soon, and I wasn't even dressed.

Within seconds my room lit up from the light up doorbell, and I instantly knew that it was Alice.

Running downstairs in my robe, I pushed Sammy out the way who had got up to open the door. I flung open the door. Alice smiled but her face quickly turned into shock as she saw what I was wearing.

"You're not wearing a robe, are you Ri?" She laughed.

I grabbed her hand and pulled her up the stairs. Once we reached the room, I gave her a panicked look and pointed at my closet. I then fell back on my bed with my hands over my face.

I didn't know what to wear to a party. I had never been to one. What do people wear?!

I looked up at Alice, who stood in total shock, staring at me.

"Is this your first party?" She said coming to sit next to me; moving my arm that was dangling off the edge.

I took a deep breath and nodded.

I expected her to laugh at me. But she didn't. She stood up, brushing down her dress in the process. She walked over to my closet, looking at all the clothes I had hung in my new closet.

Within ten minutes, she had picked out an outfit and I was dressed. She had somehow found something beautiful and when I looked at myself in the mirror, I was speechless.

Alice's reflection smiled back at me as she stood behind me, helping me fix my hair.

"See, you don't need much to look beautiful Riley." She said as she pinned the final strand of my hair away from my face.

I turned around and hugged her so tight. I could feel her chuckle as she returned the hug.

We met the boys at the bottom of the stairs. In all the panic I hadn't noticed that Jake had arrived alongside Alice.

Sammy smiled as he saw me. "You look beautiful, Ri. Now can we go?" I smiled and punched his shoulder playfully.

Arriving at the party made my stomach turn. We arrived at the front door, and I honestly felt as if I was going to be sick.

Alice grabbed my hand, her arm linked in Jake's. "I'll see you in there." She said as she walked away with Jake. I smiled and nodded as I watched them walked away together.

"You got this." Sammy said as he linked his arm in mine. I smiled back up at him as we walked in the front door.

Everywhere you looked there were people chatting and dancing and drinking.

Somebody came up and gave Sammy a high five and a red cup. He smiled at me as he talked to Sammy. I stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do.