Chapter 1

"Mother, for the last time, NO!"

"Why not? God knows you need a sweet little omega to keep you from being so grumpy all the time." The Queen muttered the last part.

Kael pinched the bridge of his nose. "I don't want a 'sweet little omega' mother," he gritted out. "I want, to be left alone."

"But I already sent out the letters."

Kael sighed. "What letters, mother?" he asked, already dreading her reply.

"Oh, didn't I tell you. I sent invitations out to all the royal omegas I know. They'll all come one by one so you have time to decide which one you like best." She said casually as if that piece of news wasn't important at all.

Kael slapped his palm against his forehead. "Mother- " he groaned.

"What's done is done. Don't embarrass me with your child-like antics." With that, she turned and walked away.

Kael sighed in defeat. Better go stock up his liquor stash before they got here then. Maybe he could find a nice place to hide out and only deal with them just as they arrived and just before they left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mikiyo, my beloved grandson, my favourite."

"Oba-Chan, I'm your only grandson," Mikiyo said, shaking his head fondly at his grandmother, the Empress.

"You'd be my favourite anyway." she said.

Mikiyo laughed. "Alright Oba-Chan, what did you do now?"

The Empress looked a little affronted. She sniffed and said, "Well, you know I always do what's best for you..."

"Oh no," Mikiyo said under his breath.

"...And I accepted, of course."

"You accepted what?" Mikiyo asked confusedly, having tuned out the entire time.

"Pay attention. I got an invitation asking you to go to Europe and try your hand at matching with their Prince. I accepted."

It took much restraint, but Mikiyo managed to not groan aloud at his grandmother's disregard for his opinions.

"Oba-Chan, why didn't you ask me first?" he asked, trying to figure out some way, any way out of this mess.

"Because you wouldn't have accepted." she said in a matter-of-fact tone.

Mikiyo opened his mouth to retort but realised he probably would have rejected right away. He pressed his lips together, maybe if Oba-Chan hasn't sent a reply, he can convince her not to. He opened his mouth to ask.

"I already accepted and sent a reply. You can't back out."

Mikiyo pursed his lips and glared mutinously at the Empress.

"Just remember, I'm not getting any younger and I want grandchildren. Take the family jade piece and armour with you as a gift to your hosts. And don't forget to write back."

Mikiyo sighed in defeat. "Yes, Oba-Chan."

His grandmother hugged him tightly and whispered, "I love you, Mikiyo. Don't screw up."

Mikiyo chuckled at her last words and hugged her back. He was such a pushover for his Oba-Chan. He would go anywhere she asked him to. His grandmother alongside his grandfather had raised him. Mikiyo had been just a baby when someone had left him on the doorstep of the Imperial Palace with a not that said nothing but 'His name is Mikiyo Santou.' He didn't know who his parents were but he was happy here. The Emperor and Empress had showered him with nothing but love and care, giving him the life of a Prince. He had nought for want, as a result, he would do anything that his Grandparents asked him to do. And so, he went to Europe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kael was very close to banging his head on the wall. The omegas kept coming, one after the other. And all were only interested in getting them interested in him that they kept agreeing with whatever he said. It was annoying. Plus, they kept wearing really flashy jewellery and it was hurting his eyes. He didn't want a mate focused too much on material wealth or couldn't think for himself. Not just that, they kept finding opportunities to flash their bodies. If he saw one more exposed private part, accident or not, he was going to puke, then get drunk. It was sickening how they all thought he would like that. Eugh, just thinking about it was giving him a headache. He rubbed his temples.

" Kael honey, have you found anyone you liked yet?"

Oh no, his mother was here. "No, mother. I haven't"

The Queen frowned. "Why not? Didn't you like the last one?"

"No, mother. I don't like any of them." he corrected her.

She tsked at him, "Kael, you're not getting any younger- "

"Mother, I'm twenty-one. I've got many years of baby making ahead of me when I get mated."

"Yes, but I don't. And I want some grandchildren."

"Mother- " he sighed. "Just- If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Please stop pushing. I have a headache."

"Fine." she huffed and left the room but not before kissing his forehead to make it feel better.

Kael shook his head and shucked off his clothes. He climbed into bed to take a nap before the next one arrived. He should just go and pretend to be a highwayman or something and rob their carriages so that they couldn't show off their jewellery anymore. His eyes already hurt from all the flashy jewellery from the past omegas. Huh, there was an idea. He would definitely think more about it after his nap. He could wear a mask and look dashing while at it.

______________________________

This chapter is dedicated to kade_cordelia because he is supposed to be Kael Perjas. Seriously, the way he takes selfies is so cute. Totally wasn't expecting something like that but wow, so much hair. I would have used the other picture he sent me but his top had rude gestures on it. Such a shame and such pretty dimples.

So everyone, Kade Cordelia as Kael Perjas.

Read. Comment. Vote. Love me.