Chapter 5

Kael was so cold. Everywhere felt sore. Especially his arm. He licked his dry lips. God, he was so thirsty. He groaned softly as his memory came back to him. The omega. Mikiyo. He remembered being in the royal orphanage and the nursery with Mikiyo. Then a baby and then darkness. He had to get up. Slowly, he pushed himself up and grunted when his arm flared with pain. 

"You need rest." A soft voice. Like an angel. Kael was entranced, he must have died and gone to heaven. Kael smiled to himself despite the pain, at least he had a beautiful angel. His very own personal angel. "What's so funny?" the angel asked, his voice laced with confusion.

Nothing, Kael tried to say, but his throat was too dry. A cool glass was pressed to his lips and water trickled down his throat. Kael cleared his throat. "Nothing," he said. "I'm just happy that I get an angel."

His angel laughed, the sound was so angelic. Perfect for his angel, Kael thought as he smiled, happy to make his angel delighted. After all, he served to please. "I'm not an angel." 

Wait, what? Kael frowned. He opened his eyes, blinking as his eyes adjusted to the light. Mikiyo's face and his room came into focus, amusement was clear in the Orient Prince's expression. Oh. No angel. Close enough, Mikiyo was like an angel. The man loved babies, that made him close to perfect in Kael's book. Kael shrugged and smiled at Mikiyo. "Close enough." he said, enjoying the way Mikiyo's cheeks pinked. 

Mikiyo ducked his head. "You are lucky you didn't get an infection. How did you get that cut anyway?" he asked without meeting Kael's eyes. The guilt was back in full force. Mikiyo recognised the wound on Kael's arm. Only a katana could have made such a smooth slice, it was also in the exact place where he had injured the highwayman. Mikiyo fully expected Kael to blame him and he braced himself.

"Oh this? It's nothing. Was just fooling around." Mikiyo looked up in confusion. Kael smiled knowingly at him. "Don't worry about it."

Mikiyo blinked, he was stunned. "Oh. Uh." he bit his lip. "I stitched it up and bandaged it for you while you were unconscious. I'm really sorry, if it helps."

"It's okay," Kael grinned at him. "Because I get to have my own personal angel looking after me now."

Mikiyo laughed at that. Albeit a little mortified but it was a lot less tense. "I suppose I shall have to make it up to you then." he mused.

"Hell yes you do. I'm in so much pain." Kael exclaimed. Mikiyo frowned, clearly upset and Kael hurriedly tried to rectify the situation. "I'll feel better if my personal angel kissed me better."

Mikiyo blushed at that and Kael relaxed. He closed his eyes as he sank back into the pillows, the silence between them was companionable. Suddenly, a pair of warm lips were pressed against his. It was a quick peck. Kael smiled slightly.

"Just a little more please?" he said and puckered his lips. There was a breathy chuckle from Mikiyo before lush, wet lips were pressed against his once more. He lifted his good hand to cup Mikiyo''s neck as they kissed. Kael slipped his tongue along the seam of Mikiyo's lips, asking for entry. It was given. Mikiyo parted his lips and his own tongue came out to play as well. He was on his knees hovering above Kael. Sparks flew through the both of them at the thrilling sensations of being thoroughly kissed. Their foreheads were pressed together when they finally parted for some much needed air.

"Better?" Mikiyo asked, a little playfully and breathlessly.

Kael looked into Mikiyo's chocolate coloured eyes as he solemnly said that 'yes he was much better but he definitely need to be kissed like that every time he wanted.' Mikiyo giggled at that and agreed to play nurse.

And that, was their morning. Lunch was just the two if them in Kael's room, far away from any misplaced peas. Although at the current moment, the queen was happily having her personal maid sneak a few peas into Mikiyo's bed again. And maybe a few around the room. She may have been overdoing the pea test but this was the first omega that had even gotten past stage one. It was absolutely necessary to start the second part. Besides, the boys were nowhere to be found at lunch, much to her delight, if what she suspected was going on was actually happening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unfortunately, what the queen thought was happening, wasn't actually happening. What was happening was that Mikiyo was changing Kael's bandages as he mopped up the sweat from Kael's brow. The wound had been left alone too long and Kael had developed a fever since this morning, so Mikiyo had to stay by his side and tend to him. Lunch had gone well until Kael had thrown up on the rest of the food which effectively stopped both of them from eating anymore.

Kael recovered in the next few days after a few vomiting sessions with greenish complexions. Eventually, he was well enough to eat without nauseating although his appetite was still recovering. Mikiyo and Kael could be found together almost all the time and if Mikiyo wasn't there, he was probably at the orphanage nursery with baby Eli. The omega had formed a bond with the tiny baby and were almost inseparable.

When Kael was well enough, he would join the pair in the nursery. The week was half gone and both Mikiyo and Kael knew they would miss each other and so, they never talked about the deadline but instead chose to spend as much time as they could with each other. And baby Eli of course.

It was a little strange though, Mikiyo had never experienced anything like this before. Baby Eli was still very a baby, she needed milk from an omega and it was only instinct that she sought out milk from the body of the omega that she had formed a bond with. Mikiyo's nipples were beginning to feel a little chafed from all the mouthing baby Eli had done. He didn't think anything of it though. Just dismissed it as too much mouthing from the baby who was just so adorable. The omega would never deny her anything even if he could.

______________________________

Read. Comment. Vote. Love me forever more.