Chapter 8

The week had ended; it was time for him to leave. Mikiyo folded a shirt and placed it on the bed. He had refused to let the servants pack for him, wanting to do it himself. He didn't want to leave Kael. The past week had been one of the best days of his life. Mikiyo slumped his shoulders as he sat dejectedly on the bed. A knock on the door sounded. Mikiyo didn't even look up as Kael entered the room.

"Hey," Kael said quietly as he came to sit beside Mikiyo. Mikiyo leaned into him and Kael wrapped an arm around him, silently pressing his own nose into Mikiyo's hair. No words were necessary. They sat there in silence for a while before finally leaving the room to get breakfast. 

Breakfast was a silent affair. The only sound in the room came from the cutlery clinking on the silverware. Even those sounds came mainly from the queen. Both Kael and Mikiyo were too stricken to eat. Until the queen finally couldn't take it anymore. 

"You know Mikiyo is welcome to stay, right?" The queen said offhandedly.

 Kael grunted and pressed his face into Mikiyo's hair. Then he froze and looked at his mother. Mikiyo didn't seem to have heard anything but he did feel Kael stiffen and he too looked up questioningly.

 "Mother?" Kael said slowly, “What did you just say?"

Mikiyo looked on curiously.

"Oh nothing. Just that Mikiyo doesn't have to go back yet." 

"I don't? I mean, thank you, your majesty." Mikiyo gasped and flushed in delight. Kael crushed him in his arms.

"The other omegas will still come." said the queen. The boys didn't care though. They still had each other and that was all that mattered for now. The queen smiled as she watched the boys whispered to each other, foreheads pressed together. It was nice to see Kael happy with someone. And honestly, she couldn't have picked a better person than Mikiyo. She hoped Mikiyo would be the omega that stayed.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 The next omega arrived that very evening. Just in time for dinner. She was blonde, blue-eyed, and quite pretty. Mikiyo took one look at her and disliked her immediately. It wasn't jealousy. The omega had taken one look at Mikiyo and turned her nose away. Dinner was filled with subtle insults hurled at Mikiyo for being Asian and very unsubtle attempts at seducing Kael. Mikiyo felt sorry for Kael. Kael looked infuriated every time she made a jab at Mikiyo and horrified when she tried to expose some part of her body that no one wanted to see ever again. Ever. The queen was torn between gagging at the new omega, raging at her for being so racist and laughing at the boys’ shared horror.

 Much to Kael's terror, he was still required to spend the obligatory amount of time with her. Every time he had to go, Mikiyo had to face a puppy-eyed Kael looking pitifully at him until the omega finally came to drag Kael away. It seemed she was still determined to try and win Kael over despite the odds against her. Mikiyo suspected that she was either too blind to see or just didn't care. Either way, he made sure to give Kael a big sloppy kiss before he left, making her glare daggers at him.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Kael was in agony. Not literally but he would be if spending time with people he genuinely disliked hurt. It was just so painful to be around the blonde omega. Everything she did, from flashing her body parts to just talking made him want to curl up in a fetal position and cry. Please God, please let this be over, he begged in his head.

 When he could finally leave, which he planned to immediately, she demanded a kiss. It was unfortunate that he couldn't hold in his gag, because her face turned sour like a lemon. It would have made him laugh but he was too busy gagging. He finally managed to stop trying to purge his stomach content and looked sheepishly at the omega. Even he wasn't that mean. She had a predatory grin in her eyes, which scared him. He gulped and backed up against the wall. She lunged at him, attaching her mouth to his and his eyes widened in horror as Mikiyo came into view.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mikiyo was hungry. He hadn't had much breakfast on account of the omega being there so now; he was on his way to the kitchens where matron would feed him because despite her denials, everyone knew she had a soft spot for him. He turned the corner that led to the kitchens and stopped short at what he saw. 

Kael. And the omega. Kissing. His breathing stilled. Why did his heart ache? Mikiyo did the only thing he could do. He turned and ran, hunger all forgotten. 

 Mikiyo's heart was breaking. But how could that be? He didn't love Kael and Kael didn't love him. He had no reason to be this upset. Kael was free to kiss whomever he wanted, even other omegas if his heart so desired. That's what the omegas that came were here for wasn't it. And now, he felt stupid. What must Kael think of him now? Bet they were laughing at him now, Mikiyo thought bitterly as he slowed his sprint in the corridors to a jog. He headed back to his room. Guess whatever he and Kael had was over now.

______________________________

I'm bored. 15th March 2015

Published in the 5th April 2015. Tomorrow is my competition performance date guyz. Wish me luck and may the judges ever love my acting abilities as main lead. A distinction would be nice thanks. I hope. I'm scared but in the face of my fellow actors and actresses, I will have courage because I just love standing out. So while everyone is nervous, I will be calm like before a storm unil I release my powers. AHAHAHA 

Read. Comment. Vote. Love me by talking to me or something.