Chapter 12

»»————- ♡ ————-««

I sighed, sipping my now warm drink. The waiter walked up to me with a milkshake and said that it was on the house. He probably pitied me. I took the drink in my hands and started thinking back to our conversation.

Can we ever have a normal conversation without us fighting?

I guess we both were equally hurt.

But what went wrong? Was it the exchange program?

Darn it. It was the exchange program, wasn't it? I shouldn't have attended the program. Probably we would have been together if it wasn't for that. I leaned back on the sofa as the memories of the exchange program rushed back to me...

»»————- ♡ ————-««

I anxiously stepped out of the airport, not knowing what to do. It's been thirsty minutes since I arrived in Milan, waiting for someone to pick me up. I was informed that one of the school students would pick me up but it seemed like the person didn't know what punctuality is. I was ready to order a taxi when a horn startled me. The owner of the car was a young girl around my age who was enthusiastically waving at me.

She shouted from the car, "Are you Kim Tae-uh-something?"

I chuckled a little and said, "Yeah. Kim Teahyung."

She gestured to come over as she opened the back seat. She took the bag from me and placed it in the back seat and asked me to get in the shotgun.

Finally when we got comfortable she smiled at me and said, "The name's Lola by the way."

"Ahh Lola, nice to meet you."

She nodded and said, "Likewise."

I drummed my fingers on the dash of the car and asked, "So Lola, where are we going?"

She replied with her eyes on the road, "Oh right. I'm taking you to our college. The principal wants to meet you. Also you are assigned one of the rooms in our campus so you can drop your luggage too."

I hummed in response.

Lola seems to be someone who socialises so the ride to the campus wasn't uncomfortable. As we arrived, she took me to my room so I could freshen up and then gave her number and told me to call her up when I was done. After freshening up we headed to the principal's office for a formal introduction. The principal was a friendly man. He seemed to be one of those teachers who would give you a teasing smile if he caught you doing something wrong. Thanks to the teachers and students, the overall campus environment was welcoming. As for the academic part of it, the teaching methods were very different from what we had in Seoul. They focused more on providing a hands-on experience while in Seoul they bored us with lectures and assignments. I took a mental note to try and pursue our staff to change their teaching methods in order to keep the classes engaging.

Finally my two weeks were coming to an end and I had to leave and go back to Seoul the next day. It was kind of disappointing, but at the same time, I was really excited to finally meet Y/N after a long time.

I decided that I would buy something for her as a cute little surprise.

My thoughts were interrupted by Lola's voice, "Earth to Tae?"

I turned to see Lola standing next to me with a quizzical expression on her face. She asked, "A penny for your thoughts?"

He laughed and said, "Well I was thinking about my trip back."