Chapter 8

»»————- ♡ ————-««

I jumped on my couch with a sigh. After almost six months of suffering in college, they finally decided to give us a two-week break. I was glad this happened because then I'd have enough time to catch up on pending assignments and recharge before the next term.

I looked at the ceiling, thinking of ways to productively spend these two weeks. That's when it hit me. I could probably take her on a small road trip! I quickly whipped my phone out and looked for the places available for us to go to. After spending a good amount of time searching, I finally found the right place that we could go to.

Perfect! Now all I need to do is have her on board with this.

I quickly dialed her number to break it to her. Within a few rings, she picked up and said in a muffled voice, "Yo what's up?"

I squinted my eyes and asked, "Why does your voice sound like that?"

I heard her gulp on the other end before replying, "Sorry, I was eating sushi."

I chuckled at the thought of her stuffing her face like a chipmunk. Adorable. Pushing the thought aside, I said, "Hey, do you have anything planned for these two weeks?"

She replied, "No, why do you ask?"

I said excitedly, "I was wondering whether we could go on a trip together these two weeks..."

She replied with equal excitement, "Really? Oh my god, that sounds amazing! I'm in!"

Upon hearing that my smile widened and said, "Okay cool, so it's decided! Pack your bags Y/N 'cause we are going on a trip!"

She squealed in excitement, "OHMYGODIHAVESOMUCHTODOSOILLTALKTOYOULATER!!!"

And then she cut the call.

I chuckled at her reaction. It's the first time I saw her so excited about something and it made me even more excited. I quickly booked the rooms and other arrangements and started packing up. I messaged her that we would be leaving five in the morning so she has to be awake and ready before that.

I woke up at 3 and I couldn't be more excited. I loved traveling in general and what makes it even special is that I would be traveling with him. I just knew it's going to be fun. I quickly showered and came out. I decided to wear an olive sweater with black leggings. I decided to prepare some sandwiches and juice for us to eat during the ride. I took my wallet and checked if I had everything. I had kept some money ready in case we needed to spend it. At last, I stuffed some instant ramyeon noodles for us to eat. Hey! I can't live without noodles okay? By four-thirty, I locked my door and was waiting outside my house while scrolling through my phone.

Within ten minutes I heard a car pull up. I looked up to see him getting out of the car and waved at me. I smiled and sent a small wave back. I took my trolley and walked up to the car. He said, "Wow you are early! I thought probably I could come early and help you with the last minute packings."

I smiled and said, "That's sweet of you but there is no need for that. When it comes to trips I'm super organized."

He replied, "I can see," while placing my trolley inside the back seat of the car. As we sat inside the car I asked him, "Hey where did you get a car anyways?"

He replied with a shrug saying, "I borrowed it from Jimin."

I nodded in acknowledgment. By the time it was seven, we both were hungry so I took out the sandwiches I had prepared. We spent most of the time talking about college and laughing at jokes. Once in a while, we would enjoy the comfortable silence between us by listening to music and staring out of the window. Around one in the afternoon we stopped the car by the side of the road to have our lunch which was, of course, the ramyeon noodles. Turns out Taehyung had also gotten ramyeon so now we had plenty of it to eat.