Chapter 4

»»————- ♡ ————-««

I noticed that it's time I go grocery shopping because there is barely anything in my fridge. So I went to the nearby grocery store and started dropping things I needed. I walked to the refrigerator to buy a carton of milk and that's when a bottle of banana milk caught my eye. I sighed as memories started to flood into my mind...

»»————- ♡ ————-««

To break the ice between the seniors and juniors, our professors decided to give us an assignment for the upcoming three weeks. Each of us would be paired with a junior and we would have to complete the project together. Honestly, I was excited about this cause it meant that if I was paired with her, we could spend more time together and get to know each other better.

After the lecture, I approached my professor and asked if I could be partnered with her because I have already been acquainted with her. My professor readily agreed because he wanted us to be comfortable with our partners. Soon after a few classes, we had a combined class with the juniors where we were introduced to each other and briefed about the topic.

After we were dismissed, I walked up to her and said, "Hey! Are you excited about the project?"

She nodded and said, "Yeah! I'm glad I'm paired up with you because I would have felt uncomfortable if it was someone else."

I smiled and said, "Likewise, so should we start with our project?"

She agreed and said, "Yeah how about we plan it out in the library?" as I nodded in agreement.

Just as we reached the library, she tugged my sleeve and said, "I need to use the washroom, so why don't you go ahead and find a seat for us?" I agreed and walked into the library.

After freshening up, I was on the way back to the library when a vending machine caught my attention. I decided to get something for both of us. I bought two bottles of banana milk and walked back to the library. I walked around for a bit, taking books that I thought would be useful for our project until I spotted him seated near the window.

He seemed to have already started the project because his face was glued to the computer screen. I stood in front of him and asked, "Researching for the project?" He looked up from the screen and said, "Yeah, I was just reading up on the topic." I nodded and something clicked in my mind. "Oh, by the way, I got you something."

"Oh, by the way, I got you something." My ears perked upon hearing that. I leaned forward with interest and asked, "what is it?" She reached for something into her bag and then turned towards me. She said, "Show me your hands." I raised an eyebrow at her request but I obliged. She took out a small bottle of banana milk and put it in my hands. I looked at her with a small smile on my face and asked, "What is this?"

She stared at her nails and shrugged trying to put up a nonchalant upfront but the blush on her face told something else. She replied, "Well, you wouldn't let me pay for anything on our date, so I bought you this to pay you back."

I pressed my lips into a thin line, trying not to smile. I decided to play along and said, "But this isn't enough, I had to pay a lot you know?"

She glared at me and said, "I didn't ask you to pay for it." I smirked at her cuteness. She said, "Anyways since you did pay for everything, I will give you one bottle of banana milk every day."

"Anyways since you did pay for everything, I will give you one bottle of banana milk every day." His eyes lit up in amusement as he shook his head at my silliness. He then said, "Fine, I'll accept your generous gift."

I smiled and said, "Good, now shall we start our project?" He agreed.

We spent hours in the library researching. Once it was closing time we went to the nearest bistro and finished some more research.

I feel like she is very serious when it comes to studies because not once did she complain about being tired, while I had to take breaks to re-energize. I really admire her perseverance.

After finishing her research, we decided to meet up after college to finish the project. Our project was about comfortable workspaces which meant we would have to go all around the city collecting information. Luckily, our professors shifted all the classes in the morning so we could spend lots of time on the project.

The first day we went to a florist and asked her about her working space. She was an old grandma and was very frail. Occasionally in between the interview, Taehyung would help her with cutting the stems of the flowers or getting a basket from the top. After the interview, he went to the nearest store and bought her a chair so that she wouldn't have to stand all day. My heart warmed at that sight.

We spent about two weeks collecting data and the last week we met up at each other's place to finish it off.

On the day of our presentation, I went early to her house to pick her up. I could sense that she was nervous so I joked around to distract her from her thoughts. Much to our luck, our presentation went so well that our professor told us he would be using our information for future references. Ultimately, we got the highest score and she couldn't help but smile on hearing that. As a celebration, we binge-watched movies at her house and ordered a pizza for dinner.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Hi guys! How did you find this chapter? I have been obsessing about banana milk lately so I had to include it in the story. Lol, I'm very random. Anyways, I enjoyed writing this chapter so hope you liked reading it too.

»»————- ♡ ————-««