foreword

Please read!!!
(I unpublished this and republished it with some edits lol)

Hiya everyone, this is my new fic! I'm proud to finally put up Hopeless, it's an Irondad story because found family is ✨ important ✨
And Spiderman is my new hyper fixation after watching the masterpiece that was No Way Home🙃

In this fic, Tony doesn't know Peter, doesn't really know who spiderman is, and Peter has made all of his spiderman equipment himself.

In all honesty this is going to be a sad story. I wanted to test myself in portraying very troubling emotions and situations, while creating a story that feels real and relatable as well as enjoyable (though tissues are advised).

So please read the trigger warnings bellow, and read ahead with caution. I will also put triggers at the start of each chapter but the general vibe is below.

Trigger warnings for this fic:
Death, grief, self harm, depression and suicidal tendances.

I wanted to write this story, because I feel like depression is portrayed one way, like a constant sadness, but that's not what it is for a lot of people and in this story that's not what it is for Peter. I also wanted to show how depression can still affect a person even if their life is going relatively well, there's not always a concrete reason for bad days.

And most importantly, I really want to show that no matter how dark it gets, it does get better, so if you stick with me this story does get to a happy ending :)

And I'm apologising now for putting Peter through what I do 😌

Thank you for reading xxx