Epilogue

Epilogue

Wednesday - February 4th, 2015

Saturday is the day of Janet's funeral, and they have yet to find out who murdered her. After clearing Aaliyah from the prime suspect lists, they couldn't get a lead on anyone else. It's crazy because even after I told them about Dimitri, and his brother. They didn't seem as if they believed a convict could have done this, even with a brother on the outside. It was just to much of a investigation, that's why it was taking so long for them to look into it. If you ask me. But no matter what, I wasn't going to give up on Janet....someone was going to be brought to Justice. And the fact that they asked me to sing at her funeral was even more devastating, it's already hard enough as it is to even attend.

All week I've been dragging around. My body can no longer feel it's existence in this world. Every breath I take feels like it will be my last. My heart is so broken, I don't think I could ever overcome the amount of pain I feel right now. It feels like someone just ripped my heart out of my chest, and burned it to ashes.

Without Janet here, I feel alone. She was all I had, and all I ever needed. Just her presence alone made me fearless, she gave me hope. She was my muse, she inspired me, she motivated me, and she always had an positive influence on me. The one thing I can't seem to get out of my mind was when I last said I love you to her...over the phone. She was already hanging up, and she didn't get a chance to hear me. That's what crushed me, and made more tears fall from my eyes.

Honk Honk

I looked up from my lap, and the officer that's been keeping me updated on Janet's case was getting out of his car with his partner doing the same. I stood from the porch, and I fold my arms across my chest as I met them halfway, hoping to hear some good news.

"Good morning Ms.Braxton, how are you?" The male officer asked with a saddened look of pity on his face.

"Barely hanging on...have any good news?" I asked as I wipe under my nose with the Kleenex I had in my hand.

He gave a small smile. "Actually I do. We looked into the DT brothers (Dimitri & Tyson) and we seen a ton of money laundering on Dimitri's record. As well as purchases made from office depot."

I furrowed my brows. "I don't understand, what does this have to do with Janet?"

"What I'm saying is...they have been doing a ton of illegal things, and three deaths are apart of those things. Janet's is one of the people that were murdered in despite of Dimitri's hatred. We have him down at the precinct right now, we haven't questioned him yet because we came to get you."

Even though I knew they had something to do with it, I didn't want to be so sure until it was proven. But now I just feel so much emptier, being that the truth is told.

With quivering lips, and a broken heart I got in the backseat of the car, and allowed them to take me down to the precinct. The whole ride there I was thinking about a lot. I should have allowed Janet to come, and get me from the airport. She would still be alive right now, and I wouldn't be here in the backseat of a cop car. We would have been making love right now, taking time off just for each other, and just being in the company of each other.

When we arrived, we walked in and we immediately went to the glass window where Dimitri was being held. I stood behind the mirror as the detective went in to begin questioning him. I stood there with my arms folded, and my eyes wet. Waiting for answers.