New Beginnings

Chapter 19

1 year later...

Aaliyah 

                       "It's a wrap!" The director yelled, and I slapped a high five in the air with my co star DMX.

I couldn't believe this was happening to me, I just wrapped up the set of my second movie this year. My career has taken a major leap since I finally decided to get an agent. Working on my own was okay, but my skills are much more beneficial now that I have someone who believes in me enough to go that extra mile to make my dreams come true.

I walked off set after I finished mingling with everyone. When I got to my car I smiled, as I unlocked it and got in. I was proud of myself for building up my credit, and saving up my earnings from doing commercials, and SNL skits as well as movies to get this beautiful Lexus.

As much as I wanted to go home, and celebrate on my own I couldn't. I was invited o a birthday party once again. And I was skeptical about going at first since it's been a whole year since I last saw her, but it would be nice to see an old friend.

I drove home to my apartment, and got dressed in my finest. A black fitted dress, that had a slit up both legs, and heels with diamonds around the straps. My hair was curled up, and my makeup was neutral. I looked good, and I just knew going to this party would just bring up a ton of memories I tried so hard to forget. I was hurt for a long time after Janet, and I broke up. I really couldn't control my emotions every time I saw her on TV, or if I saw the billboards advertising her new film. I missed her, and every night when my mind couldn't think of anything else, in bed I would think of her. Wondering what she was doing, how she was doing, and who she was doing what with.

When I was finished getting ready I went to the address on the Card Invitation and it wasn't to far from where I stayed. It was at a plaza venue, and it had valet, with a velvet rope outside with people in line between them.

Janet was doing it big for her birthday. I smiled as I gave my keys to the valet, and was escorted up to the entrance.
After giving my name to the hostess I walk passed the red curtains and into a beautiful setting.

White, and red was all over the place. Red roses, white table cloths, red carpets, and white chandeliers.

I was highly impressed, even though I know Janet didn't do it all by herself. It looked gorgeous.

A lady holding a tray with glasses of campaign, walked up to me.

"Would you like a glass of wine?"

I take a glass off of the tray, and I smile.

"Thank you."

"Your welcome, enjoy your evening." She walks away, carefully getting through the crowd.

I sip on my campaign as I slowly stroll on the sidelines watching the people dance. I was scoping out the faces as I spotted Toni, and Hazel. I walked towards them, and when Toni spotted me she sat her drink down.

"Heeyy!" She opens her arms and we share a hug. We slowly rock side to side.

"How are you Toni, its been a long time."

She moves her hair behind her ear, and she nods. "I'm good, I'm good."

I wave at hazel. "Hey girl."

"Hey you, you looking good." Hazel says pinching my arm.

"Thanks. And Toni that's good, glad to see you two still together."