t h i r t y f i v e

MOTORBIKE

Theo woke up in the morning to bring the little spoon, Daryl was still asleep and holding onto her, keeping her close to his body.

Snoring quietly as he held her close. 

One arm tightly around her waist, the other under her pillow, they couldn't get any closer if they tried.

She didn't move. She didn't want to move.

She wanted to stay like it forever.

It took Theo a second before remembering what happened last night, making her stomach turn, her eyes water, feeling every part of her body hurt from guilt.

Theo finally turned to face Daryl, him stirring slightly.

She took in every inch of his face, knowing it was the face she wanted to stare at forever.

"Stop staring" he said without opening his eyes

"I'm not" She smiled, repositioning to get more comfortable.

He opened his eyes before closing them again, taking a quick look at her.

"It's creepy," he said, his voice skill deep from just waking up, sending butterflies around her body.

"I don't think it is," She told him honestly.

Daryl was still holding onto her, in fact he had pulled her closer since waking up.

"What are you thinkin about?" he asked her, waking up more

"What are we Daryl?" She asked, she had been too scared to asked until now, lying her, in his arms. It was perfect, she just wanted to stay like that. To never leave the tent, to face what the world held outside.

He opened his eyes to look at her.

"I dunno, i've never done the relationship shit before" he admitted, looking over her face.

"Me neither" She looked him in the eyes.

"I think take it slow, see what happens, but like we agreed, keep it quiet, don't want people to fuss, maybe when Shane is gone we can think about it again" he suggested

Theo nodded agreeing.

"I like the plan, but my dad cannot find out" She warned as he nodded in agreement. 

"I agree, he barely likes me as it is" Daryl smiled as she looked up at him .

He was about to get up when she grabbed his arm, stopping him.

"Do we have to?" she asked, pouting.

"Dale..." he began, looking down at her sadly.

"I know," She said quietly, "Just a little longer?" Theo begged.

He nodded laying back down, pulling her close to him again.

"You ever thought we'd be like this?" Theo asked, playing with his hands.

"Merle was here, no" he told her honestly, kissing her head.

"Why's that?" She asked looking up at him, keeping their hands together.

"Wouldn't want you near him" he explained looking down at her.

She snuggled her head back down.

They stayed there for a while before they thought that it would probably look bad if they didn't join everyone to bury Dale.

"Daryl..." She paused as he tied his shoes up. 

She almost said those three words.

"Hmm" He stood, grabbing her hand without thinking, it becoming a habit.