s e v e n

CIGARETTES

Night had fallen, camp was still nowhere in sight. Theo's legs began to hurt, but she had to push through.

Every step she took felt like fire. 

They kept going, but came to a halt when they heard gunfire and screaming.

"NO!" Theo ran heading for the camp, her knife ready, the only thing on her mind was Carl.

What if she was too late?

What if she was out saving some jackass who turned up missing all the while her brother was being eaten alive?

"CARL!" Rick yelled as she followed him into the camp, there was blood everywhere, walkers everywhere they looked.

A walker came towards Theo, it's rotten jaws snapping at her, holding its arms out as if they wanted to be hugged.

Theo stabbed it in the face before continuing to run, like it was second nature, she barely batted an eyelid as she took her knife to another walker.

Daryl was fighting off other walkers when he spotted one from the corner of his eye, heading towards the blonde who was oblivious. He had no time to reload his crossbow, so he had no choice but to run. 

He sprinted towards Theo, taking her to the ground before turning and shooting the walker that was inches from her. 

"You alrigh?" He asked as she had a tight grip on his shirt. 

"Yeah, thank you" She sighed startled from what had just happened. 

"It's okay" He gave her a small smile before getting off of the floor. 

Theo ran following her dad to Carl, who hugged dad before hugging her.

"Is everyone...?" She began but then they stopped and it was clear, not everyone was okay...

They had lost Amy, Andrea's sister and a few others that night.

It was hard for Andrea, for everyone, their camp was overrun, all Theo and the others who left to find Merle, was sure that they should have been there to stop it.

The next morning was tough, the camp was practically silent, no one knowing what to say to one another.

Theo spent most of the morning staring into the fire the camp made, covered in walker remains.

"Sweetheart go clean up. You've covered." Dale smiled gently down at her. 

"No, I'm okay" Theo stood rubbing her hands off on her jeans. 

"Almost everyone has been down to the quarry to get freshened up, you might not think it but it will make you feel better" Dale tried to explain. 

She stopped to think.

He was right. 

She nodded letting out a slow breath before heading out.

Theo walked down to the quarry, to get some water and to wash herself up.

"You shouldn't be on your own" The southern accent made her jump from behind.

Daryl saw her leaving the camp and didn't want her to get caught in another group of walkers, or even one alone, she was tired, anyone could see it.

"I wasn't going to be long," She answered, breathing out. "Hey, you don't happen to have a smoke on you do you?" She asked, just wanting him to say yes. She had craved one ever since she had her last over a month ago.