Chapter 19: The Truth Behind The Wings

Tiff stared after Meta Knight in shock as he rose into the air, streaking off in a flash of violet light to where Eggman had disappeared with Sonic with his magnificent new wings.

For now, Sonic was not the concern. It was Meta Knight.

He has wings that look just like the Demon Frog's, Tiff realized, feeling a stab of despair, the Demon Beast who possessed Kirby!

It couldn't be possible, however. There was no way... no way-

It just couldn't be Meta Knight. Out of everyone, how could it be him?

But it all added up. The fact that Meta Knight knew so much about Demon Beasts, the fact that he knew so much about Kirby, and the reason he always hid behind his mask-

Anyways, what was behind that mask Meta Knight always wore? Sharp fangs that could rip the flesh of a cappy? Gnarled teeth that would be used to frighten little children?

She felt as if Nightmare was squeezing tightly onto her body, just like the time where he had captured her to lure Kirby into his unearthly trap. The knobbly fingers of truth snaked their way up to her neck as she began to feel lightheaded with horror.

Meta Knight. He's...

He's a monster. A Demon Beast.

Tiff looked down at her lap, where Kirby was still sitting, looking slightly puzzled. He met her gaze with glittering cerulean eyes, tipping his head curiously. "Poyo yo poi?"

Tiff, being the motherly figure to Kirby, could almost clearly understand what the baby Star Warrior was trying to ask.

What just happened?

But there was no way Meta Knight could be a monster, right? After all, he had always aided Kirby when he was in trouble, even saving him in life-threatening situations.

So despite blood, he could still be a Star Warrior, right?

An example of this was Kirby. Kirby was created by Nightmare himself, either becoming the Demon Beast or Star Warrior that would end the war once and for all. In the end, even though he was Nightmare's most prized possession, Kirby had still joined the Star Warriors, choosing to defy his creator.

Sure, he had Star Warrior blood in him. But he was still fully raised by Nightmare, which meant that even though he was a Demon Beast who was taught to do evil, he still became a Star Warrior in the end.

So then blood must have nothing to do about alliance.

Plus, there was Phan Phan, the Demon Elephant who decided to live alongside Kirby in Dreamland, choosing to abondon her creator, like Kirby, instead of killing innocent lives. And yet Tiff had been fine with that, even being one of the few cappies to encourage Phan Phan to live in Dreamland.

And Yamikage was also proof of how Star Warriors could betray the GSA.

So, in the end, blood was absolutely nothing to do with alliance. That was basic knowledge.

So why was it when it was Meta Knight, that Tiff suddenly felt so betrayed? Like half of her life had all been a lie?

Maybe it was because I never suspected it for a second. Meta Knight has been feeding us all lies from the very start.

Tiff bit her lip, finally making her decision. She would not tell Tuff or the others the truth about Meta Knight (at least not yet). First she would ask why Meta Knight hid his true identity for so long.

But I would never have thought it was Meta Knight of all people...

It was enough of a shock when she heard for the first time that Kirby was a Demon Beast. But Meta Knight?