CHAPTER THIRTY NINE

Start from the beginning

Kai eyed her cautiously. Before sitting down, a distance away from her, as he was hesitant as to why she was suddenly so calm around him. "Oh." Kai stood up, as if he remembered something, walking back over to her. "I can take this off." He gestures towards her tie.

Daisy looked taken back. Was that seriously all it took?

"I used magic and sealed the room, so you won't be tied up but—" Kai began.

"But I still can't leave." Daisy interrupted, a disappointed look on her face.

"Yeah." Kai says, he leaned towards her to cut the tie, but stopped himself. "I have magic right now— so— don't try anything." He said, before cutting the tie.

Daisy felt a bit of relaxation as she brought her arm up from behind the pipe, she rubbed her wrist and felt the satisfaction of stretching out her arm.

"Are you going to let me go to the bathroom?" Daisy spoke up.

Kai looked a bit taken back, like he hadn't really planned out any of Daisy's needs besides food and water. "Uh—" He thought for a second. "Yeah, but— I'll have to come with you."

"Okay." She said quietly, shrugging a bit.

Daisy stood up, and immediately felt her head rush, her eyes fell droopy and the world spun. She stumbled, and Kai grabbed her arms gently, helping her stand. "You okay?" He asks.

"Mhm." She responded, rubbing her eyes and trying to shake the nauseous feeling. Kai led Daisy out of the room, swinging the doors open.

Daisy, however, felt an invisible force stop her from exiting the room. She stumbled back, and turned to see Kai turn around to realize she hadn't walked out with him. "Oh, sorry." He said, before waving a hand lazily towards where Daisy stood.

Daisy hesitantly stepped forward out the door, and continued walking normally when she realized the boarder was no longer there.

She looked around at the dark nightclub that was completely inhabited, it looked much different when it was empty. She remembered all the nights Kai had taken her here— and wondered if this was the fate he had planned for her this whole time.

"Here." Kai said, pushing open the restroom door. Daisy walked inside and switched on the light, it was only one single restroom.

She turned to Kai with shy eyes. "Can you wait outside?" Daisy asks.

Kai's eyes hesitantly trail up to the tiny high window that sat in the corner of the bathroom, then back to Daisy. "I don't think that's—"

"Can I please have a little bit of my dignity left?" She asked with a eyes, closing her eyes as she spoke.

Kai thought for a second before he spoke. "Yeah." He took a deep breath. "I'll be out here." 

Daisy nodded a bit, before shutting the door and locking it. Kai heard the lock turn, and his heart beat jump with it. But he calmed himself down, telling himself that it was fine.

Daisy looked around the bathroom frantically, she could easily crawl out that window, all she had to do was get on the sink and figure out a way to lift herself up and out.