37. Behind Kakashi's Mask. (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

The three of us leaned in as Sensei touched his mask to pull it down but then my vision was blocked by Shikamaru.

"Here you are." He said smiling. I widened my eyes. I heard Naruto and Sasuke's yells. Choji and Ino?

"Move," I said to Shika and when he moved his head, it was too late. Sensei set his bowl down. I looked at his face to find it covered by his mask. Did he inhale his food?

"Ah. That was delicious. Thank my sweet Genin. Sensei said looking at all of us. "I will have to take my leave now. See you." He said before walking out.

Before any of us could say anything, he left. Sasuke and Naruto looked at. I looked at the store owner and his daughter to find them staring at Sensei's seat with dreamy eyes.

"Now I'm curious," Naruto said. I nodded and just smiled at Team 10 who was watching us with confusion.

Timeskip...

Currently, Naruto, Sasuke and I were hiding behind a huge sign. We were stalking Sensei. I mean, there might be moments when he takes the mask off. Right?

We watched as Sensei carried some bags of grocery. He paused and looked at us. We ducked and hid behind the sign.

I heard the sound of the bags falling and then there was a loud gasp. I peeked to find Sensei staring at the board. He mumbled something in excitement before grabbing his bags and running away.

The three of us jumped down and looked at the board. I sweatdropped. Sensei's R-rated book was made into a movie. I looked at Sasuke and Naruto who was just staring at the board.

"Why don't we split up?" I said. Naruto and Sasuke looked at me. "That way, we can try our methods and try to sneak a peak."

The two of them nodded. "Alright. I'll go first." Naruto said with determination. "I'll meet you both at that tea shop over there." He said pointing to a small store in the corner of the street.

Sasuke and I walked to the tea shop and ordered two cups of tea. We drank in silence.

An hour passed and there was no sign of Naruto. I pulled out a scroll from my pouch and started reading. It was about the uses of fire style and when to exactly use them.

I heard Sasuke move from behind me and he came closer. I felt his head peak through my shoulder. Both of us read until Naruto arrived.

I looked up when I heard footsteps coming towards us. It was Naruto and he was pouting. "I couldn't do it." He said dejectedly.

Sasuke stood up and brushed his pants. "I'll do it." He said. I looked at him and nodded. He disappeared and I looked at Naruto. He was still pouting.

"Cheer up Naruto, it's Kakashi Sensei. It wasn't going to be a walk in the park." I said patting the bench next to me. He came and sat next to me. Unlike Sasuke, he indulged me in a very interesting conversation about the types of Ramen he's never had.

And that's what we did for basically 2 hours. Talk about ramen. Even though it sounded like a very boring topic, Naruto made it quite interesting to listen to.

I sensed a presence on the tree above us. I looked up to find Sasuke glaring at the floor. He seemed angry about something.

"What happened?" I asked. He looked at me and that's all I needed to know what happened.

"I lost him," Sasuke said while jumping down. He came and sat in between Naruto and I and continued to glare at the ground.

I left out a heavy sigh. "Alright. I suppose it's my turn." I said as I handed the scroll to Sasuke. "I'll try and be back in an hour at most," I said before waving and teleporting to the middle of Konoha. I roamed around trying to find Kakashi Sensei.