CASE #004

• Dedicated to everyone

CASE #004

CAUTION IN THIS CHAPTER: CURSES, OOC AND ANNOYING-NESS.

Saw you there and I thought,

Oh my God, look at that face.

You look like my next mistake.

Love’s a game, wanna play?

    What a joke. Nice one. Heiwayuki Akashi. She’s got the nerve to have the same name as I am— Wait, that’s not her fault. Even so—stop Seijuurou, stay calm, keep your emotions down, and don’t let him come out again.

    The moment I met her, I knew something would happen. It’s like a premonition. And it was such a surprise that she snatched away my ability. Not that I don’t like it, in fact, I’ve always wanted to get rid of that stupid thing. But then, making her suffer seeing souls and hearing voices, I’m not that evil yet.

     “Hngh…”

     I shifted my gaze to the figure lying in front of me, on the bed. Her short black hair that reached her shoulders was messy and her face was covered in sweat. Her body stiffened. I exhaled sharply. It’s been two days and this is the 5th time.

    Sleep paralysis.

    The chronic one. The souls must be haunting her inside her sleep. Now, as people know, fatigue usually cause sleep paralysis. But what they don’t know, sleep paralysis is also caused by spirits’ disturbance. The spirits will bind human, laugh into their ears, whisper unnecessary things and when they try to fight back, it’d be useless. The spirits are too strong. It takes lots of energy to fight back and when you don’t fight back your body goes numb and feels like dissipating into thin air.

    It’s surely a horrible scene but no one can help. Not even me. Seeing Heiwayuki struggle in her sleep, I curse myself for not being able to come on time back at the college. She was crying really ugly and I know what she saw. It must be really scary for her because she’s not used to it. She doesn’t even know what to do. All colors had drained from her face and she was shaking terribly. When I carried her out, she was like my phone when notifications from fangirls came flooding in, vibrating non-stop… wait that sounds so wrong.

    What have been frightening her must be those evil souls. Those evil souls coil in dead bodies, dark places and dark hearts. When they found someone who can see them, they’ll attack just for fun. I touched her hand. She squirmed a bit before frowning and let out a whimper.

    “Heiwayuki.” I called her name.

    Her eyes stirred and for a moment nothing happened. I grasped her small fingers. Then she began to open her eyes slowly. She let out another whine before sitting up. She frowned at me. I smiled and rested my chin on my forearm on the bed.

    “Tadaima, Heiwayuki.” I said.

    “I need to go to the toilet.” She said.

    I chuckled and held out one hand. “Here, I’ll get you there.”

    Her face went red. “I-it’s okay! I can walk—ah!” she fell right on her nose when she tried to walk from the bed. I took her arms and pulled her slowly. And yes, mission completed, her face went completely similar to my hair color.

    “I’m sorry for troubling you.” She spoke.

    “It’s fine. Nursing you is a dream come tr—“