CASE #015

CASE #015

    "Yes, Seijuurou?" Chief's voice was heard when Akashi called.

    "Chief, I have a major problem." He sighed.

    "Problem? You never—"

    "It's about Heiwa."

    "Ahh! I get it!" Chief exclaimed.

    Akashi frowned. "Get what?"

    "So your feelings had reached her!"

    "What? Chief—"

    "No need to hide it now, Sei. I know you have a good heart and even though you play with most girls, I know Heiwa's the one in your mind!"

    He almost choked. "No I—"

    "Don't worry! If you're asking for some vacations, I wouldn't mind giving you some sweet two weeks of vacations with her."

    "Listen—"

    "Produce babies and I'll recruit them in your special squad! Heiwa and you make such a good couple! I'll plan your wedding too—"

    "CHIEF."

    "Yes?"

    Akashi sighed exasperatedly. "This is a serious matter. Her life is in danger."

    "Again? What is this, shoujo manga?" he said then laughed.

    Akashi narrowed his eyes. "Yes. I am the hero of the story so listen to what I'm going to say."

    "Go on."

    "Today, Heiwayuki and I went to buy her new undergarments—"

    "NEW UNDERGARMENTS?! I THOUGHT YOU SAID—"

    "Then we headed to the cemetery to visit Soujirou and Mum."

    "Oh yeah, today is the day. Remind me to go visit them as well."

    "But as we're about to head out, she kissed me on the lips—"

    "HEIWAYUKI MADE A MOVE?! THAT'S A MAJOR LEAP—"

    "Listen, Chief!" he said sternly.

    "Okay, continue."

    "Then I wondered what happened to her. She became extremely energetic and flirty. I'm wondering if a soul had possessed her."

    "Maybe she's just trying to show you her affection."

    Akashi blinked. "For all I know, she hates me to the point my charms are not even working with her."

    "She requires higher level of flirting skills." Chief laughed.

    "Asking you is hopeless." Akashi sighed then cut off the call. He looked over his shoulder and saw Heiwayuki skipping happily, looking at people as if she'd just been born into the world.

    "Heiwa," he called out and she quickly jerked her head towards him, smiling. "Shall we get a drink?" he asked.

    "Sure thing!" she grinned and ran to link her arm with his. Akashi gave her a smile and led her into a café. They took a seat beside the window, at the far end from people's view. When they settled down, Akashi took out his phone once again.

    "Drinks or food, sir?" a waiter approached them.

    "Just two glasses of mineral water." Akashi answered.