Chapter 8

Ladybug walks up the stairs but before she could reach the bathroom, something jumps at her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ladybug's POV

I walk up the stairs but before I could get to the bathroom, it jumps on my face. "AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" I shriek and jump onto Chat's shoulders.

My parents and Chat look at me concerned, "M'lady? Are you ok?"

"K- K- KILL IT!!!" I screech.

"Ladybug? Are you ok?" What's wrong?" My parents ask concern lacing their words and eyes.

"S- Spider," I state a bit guilty for frightening them.

My parents look at me confused but try to comfort me, "That's alright, it won't hurt you."

Chat sighs and lifts me off his shoulders but he keeps an arm around me, "It's actually a bit different. You see, wearing the miraculous can make us have a few side effects. For example, Ladybug is afraid of spiders and she gets sleepy in winter."

I turn a bit red and mama and papa look at each other having a silent conversation like Chat and I do. "Well Chat can purr," I exclaim as payback for embarrassing me.

He immediately turns red, "Do not!"

"Do too!"

"Do not!"

"Do too!"

"Ahem," Mama says interrupting our little argument. Chat and I turn pink. "So what were you and Chat Noir going to tell us?"

"R-Right," I stutter, "We came here to ask you something? You see since Hawkmoth is defeated we have decided to reveal our identities to our team, and it will be hosted as a masquerade party at the hotel. Well we were wondering if you'd like to bake desserts for the party? Also yes, you will find out about the whole team's identities including ours."

Mama and Papa pretend to think then they turn back to us to answer, "That is ok with us. I'm assuming the usual order of a cake and some macaroons?"

Chat nods, "Yes, that should do. Please don't tell anyone other than your close family members."

Papa nods, "So only Marinette and Adrien?" I nod.

"Adrien?" Chat asks confused.

"Of course, Adrien is basically our son except he's not Marinette's brother, that'd be weird for them both," Mama says.

I nod and Chat does too except more enthusiastically. I didn't think much of it. I turn back to my parents, "Well um, we should get going."

"Would you like to stay for dinner?" Papa asks.

I look at him surprised, "Umm I would but I have dinner with my parents today."

"Me as well," Chat replies. I could've sworn he was trying to remind them of something, oh well.

My parents' eyes widen, "That's right! Adrien and Marinette are coming over for dinner."

We smile at them, "Well, we'll take our leave. Bye!" Chat and I head out the window.

"I forgot to ask, did you tell your friend's parents?" I ask.

"I did," He states happily, "You?"

"I did, they were surprised at first but were proud. They also teased me," I say.

"Wow, they laughed hysterically and then were proud. I think they teased me a little but not really," Chat says.

"I'm glad you have people to talk to," I smile, "I also need to go, I hope you have a good dinner. Bye Kitty!"

"You too, M'lady," He says and we go our separate ways.

I reach the apartment and Adrien wasn't back yet so I unlock the door. I clean myself up and change into some simple clothes. After that, I sit on the couch and turn on the tv to wait for Adrien to come back.

Not even a second after I turn the tv on, Adrien comes through the door, "Hey Marinette, give me a minute, I'll get cleaned up and the we can leave."

Adrien quickly cleans himself up and we go out the door. We drive to the bakery and knock the door.

"Come in!" Mama calls.

"Hey Mom! Hey Papa!" I reply.

"Hi Sabine! Hello Tom!" Adrien says.

"Hello Adrienette! I mean Adrien and Marinette!" Papa says quickly, "Sit down, dinner's on the table."

We all sit down and start to dig in. Mama and Papa tell us about the surprise visit from me and Chat.

Adrien didn't seem surprised so I ask him about it, "Adrien, you look like you expected it?"

He widens his eyes a bit but calms down, "Well of course it makes sense, Tom and Sabine are the best bakers ever!"

I squint at him but then I smile, "Can't disagree with that."

We laugh and continue eating our food. After dinner we sat bye to my parents and go back home.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Angels! I gave you a cliffhanger over a spider! You're welcome. Anyway, I hope you liked the chapter. My next chapter will be out by October 17th because I'll be busy with exams. I'll see you all later. Bye!

 Bye!