chapter fifteen

"D-Dad..?"

Michael squinted his eyes in the dark room, seeing it was in fact him. He couldn't believe it.

"Get ou-" William quickly quieted him down as Michael began to raise his voice in anger. He looked over at you, relieved that you were still asleep. He looked at his father, seeing that he was in a straight jacket, now seeming to be broken out of, and probably how he escaped.

"What the hell are you doing here? You're supposed to be in jail." Michael whisper-yelled angrily.

"Michael, look..I-I got out. There's something I need to tell you. The police are going to start looking for me any minute now, so I need to hurry. It's about Elizabeth.."

"Why should I trust you? You're a murderer.." Michael said, coldly. His father grimaced slightly, with a hint of sadness in his eyes. But there was no regret in his eyes either.

"Michael, please let me explain." William said, with a pleading expression. Michael sighed, letting him talk.

William briefly explained to Michael about Elizabeth, and how her soul had not been put to rest yet. Michael was now the only one that was able to save her from her eternal prison.

"I need you to leave, Michael. Go home. Hide all of my blueprints and my research somewhere safe, please." William said, about to climb out of the window.

"Wait.." Michael said, stopping him. He turned around. He ran to his father, hugging him.

"I don't know if I'll ever see you again. But I promise I will free her..even if I have to die doing it." He said. William teared up, hugging him back.

"I'm proud to have a son like you. Thank you. Goodbye, Michael." He said, climbing out of your window and going to hide away from the rest of the world.

"Goodbye, father." Michael whispered, as he watched his dad run away into the unknown.

Michael stood there in awe. He had never been told that.

"I'm proud to have a son like you.."

He teared up. Not only because of that, but remembering that his father had still committed evil acts, and may very well never be able to talk to him again. He remembered what his father had said, and he looked over at you. He pecked your forehead, as he put on shoes and ran out of the house, running back to his own.

...

You yawned, sitting up and opening your eyes. You slept weird, feeling just as tired as you did last night.

"Good morning Mi-..." You looked over at the empty side of your bed.

Where the hell did he go?

"Mike.." You yelled, expecting him to be somewhere in the house. After a few attempts at calling him, there was nothing. You sighed, standing up and getting out of bed. You suddenly felt a sharp pain as you took a step. You cursed quietly, jumping back and seeing something on the floor. You squatted down, seeing it was..

a broken springlock?

You were slightly confused as to how it got there, but you assumed it must have fallen out of Michael's pockets or something. If it weren't broken, it most likely would have gone into your foot, or worse. Now there was a bruise on your foot that hurts to walk on.

Great.

"Mom, you haven't seen Michael, have you?" You asked your mom, sitting on the couch in the living room.

"Sorry, hon, but I haven't. My guess is that he probably went back home." She said.

Why would he want to go back home? I thought he hated that place.