chapter six

It has been over a month since you and Michael have began working together, and nothing has really changed at all. You were at a comfortable place in your life. The only thing really changing is your relationship with Michael. You and him can't seem to hardly go even a day without calling each other, even if you had just been with him not too long before.

Although, you were slightly concerned with what was going on at home for him. After that argument you overheard, you had no idea how Mr. Afton acts around him on most days. And why was he blaming Michael for the death of his other two children?

You hopped out of bed, sighing because tonight was the start of your nightshift for the 3rd time. Dayshifts were always easier, and less creepy. You walked into the kitchen, taking a couple of pancakes that your mother had made for you.

"Good morning, sunshine!" She said, looking at your face, with your dark circles extra noticeable, and your hair especially messy.

"Good morning, mom." You said, walking towards your room. She stopped you.

"Y/N! Come on, eat breakfast with your mom for once. I never see you!" She said. You sighed, sitting at the table with her. She smiled.

"So, how are you and Michael doing?" She asked, smirking. You facepalmed, knowing she was going to ask that exact question.

"Mom.." You said, sounding like an embarrassed child.

"Come on! I know you and him can't just be friends." She said.

"Well right now, we are just friends. Friends who..happen to flirt with each other a lot." You said. She smiled; the kind of smile a mom would have when their daughter tells them about their love life.

"Oh my gosh, I can see it now. Y/N Afton." She said, seeming to daydream. You stood up, leaving.

"Alrighttt, mom see you later." You said, walking back to your room. You plopped down on your bed, suddenly hearing your telephone ring on your nightstand. You picked it up.

"Hello?" You said.

"Hi, Y/N!" You heard Michael's voice, immediately smiling.

"Hey, Michael. What's up?" You said, twirling your phone cord.

"Ah, nothing much right now. I was wondering if you wanted go out for dinner? Like before our shift or something?" He asked, sounding slightly nervous.

"Sure!" You said. You thought you heard a sigh of relief on the phone, but you weren't exactly sure. He arranged a time to pick you up, and you immediately began to plan tonight out. You told your mom about, and she freaked out of course.

"My baby's going on a date!!" You could hear her yell from the other room. It wasn't even a date.

Right?

You sat on your bed, in thought, as you heard a knock. Your mom walked in.

"Y/N, I hope you don't mind but..could you run to the grocery store for me? I have some work to catch up on right now." She said. You groaned.

"Come on, Y/N! I'll let you buy whatever snack you want." She said, handing you her card. You sighed, putting on a comfortable outfit to go out in.

You headed out, going to the grocery store. You looked at the small list she handed you, looking for each item. You walked past your favorite snack, stopping and backing up, only to grab 3 packages of it. You walked into the kitchen supplies section, getting a new whisk for your mom. As you looked for one, you felt someone nudge you. You looked over, seeing Michael with a package of a kitchen knife set. The extra sharp ones.