chapter eleven

Elizabeth ran to Michael, burying her face into his shirt. Michael could feel her tears soaking through his shirt.

"Liz, w-what happened?" He asked, squatting down at her level to console her.

"I've done all I could to look like her. And to be like her. I don't know what to do anymore, Mike." She said, sniffling. He embraced her in a hug, rubbing her back.

"You don't need to be her, Liz. Daddy loves you a thousand times more than he does Baby." He said, smiling. He wiped her tears.

"He always puts his attention on her, and not me." she paused for a second, more tears beginning to form.

"I wish Daddy loved me.."

Michael's eyes shot open, as he woke up. He felt a tear rolling down his cheek slowly. He wiped it up, sighing. He had just had a long nap, as you were sitting by his side, leaning back asleep.

Why do my bad dreams always end up just being flashbacks?

He yawned, looking at the clock.

9:30 PM.

His eyes widened. He shook you slightly.

"Y/N, we have work!" He said. You groaned, sitting up.

"I'm so tired.." You said, rubbing your eyes.

"Here, I-I'll make you some coffee really quick. You go get ready, love." He said. You smiled tiredly, standing up to go get ready.

You grabbed your uniform, changing in his room. You brushed your hair, walking into the kitchen.

"Mike, you need to get ready too.." You said. He added some extra creamer and sugar to your coffee, handing it to you.

"Alright, alright. I won't be long." He said, ruffling your hair as he walked past you. You drank your coffee, grabbing the rest of your stuff.

"Y/N?" You heard Michael yell slightly from his room.

"Yeah?" You asked, walking towards his door.

"C-Could you get the wrench out of my dad's workshop? It's in the first drawer on your left as soon as you walk in." He said. You sighed.

"Sure thing." You said, getting nervous since it was in his father's workshop. Surprisingly, you've never even seen it. You walked up to the door, opening it quietly. It was pitch black. You felt for a light, reaching it and flipping it on. The lights were still super dim, but good enough to see around.

No wonder his dad's eyes always look so strained and bloodshot.

You looked to see where the wrench was, noticing a picture above it, hanging on the wall. It was Michael's whole family, all together. Something you've never seen. They all looked so..happy. Michael's mother was still in the picture. She had a baby in her arms, seemingly Michael's little brother. Elizabeth was about the age of a toddler, and Michael looked maybe 10 or so. His dad looked like an entire different person. He looked alive, his smile seeming genuine. He was a bit chubbier, and not super skinny like he was now.

You smiled slightly. Suddenly, the door opened. You flinched, starting to panic. Mr. Afton noticed you, eyes widening.

"Oh, well hello there, Y/N. What exactly are you doing in here?" He asked, almost looking like he was glaring at you. You couldn't exactly tell in the dim lighting, though.

"I-I was just getting a wrench for Michael to bring to work! Sorry about that." You said. He seemed to stare at you for a second, seeming to smile slightly from your panicked expression. But once again, you really couldn't see his face very well.

"Alright then, but consider yourself lucky. If I didn't know who you were, then who knows what I would have done." He said, chuckling. And dear god, did it sound menacing.

"Y-yes, sir, of course, I'll be out of your way." You said, grabbing the wrench out of the drawer and walking out. You felt his eyes glued to you as you left, feeling slightly creeped out. You sighed, as the door slowly closed behind you. You walked into Michael's room.

"Alrighty, I'm ready.." You said, walking in as Michael jumped, quickly covering himself with his shirt.

"You're ridiculous, Michael. You're not the one with boobs." You said, laughing. He scratched the back of his neck, laughing.

"Right, oopsie." He said, slipping it on and buttoning it. You saw a quick glimpse of the little abs forming, and quickly looked away, blushing.

"Who's the embarrassed one now?" He asked, laughing. You shook your head, smiling.

"Totally not me. I have no clue what you're talking about." You said, crossing your arms. He walked up to you, ruffling your hair.

"You're adorable." He said, smirking and walking away. Your eyes widened, as you just slightly died on the inside. You followed him out, heading to the car to leave.

The two of you arrived to work, doing the usual nightly routine. This was your second to last week doing the night shift, so you were slightly sad about it, but at the same time a bit relived because the night shift was a bit creepy sometimes.

Tonight was a bit weirder than usual. The animatronics took a lot more effort into fixing, and they glitched way more than usual. The voice synthesizer was constantly changing voices, causing you a little bit of confusion. But, after a night of hard and tiring work, the two of you were finally done and ready to hit the hay.

You and Michael arrived at his house. You yawned, going to put on some pajamas. He went to change in the bathroom, because god forbid that he sees any part of your body below the shoulders, you guess. You walked into the living room, plopping onto the sofa. You noticed something beside the TV on the TV stand. You yelled, jumping slightly. One of those minireenas was just..sitting there?! You grew uncomfortable, as you never noticed it there before. Michael came walking into the room.

"I heard you yell, what happened-" He looked over at the minireena.

"How did that get there..?" He asked you.

"I was going to ask the same thing." You said, looking at the doll in confusion.

"The only possible thing I can think of is that dad brought it home. But..why would he?" He said. You sighed.

"I need some sleep. This is too weird.." You said, heading to Michael's bed.

"Right, I-I'll sleep on the couch." He said. You narrowed your eyes at him, crossing your arms.

"Michael.." You said. He blushed.

"Right! Sorry. Still not used to the fact we're dating, I suppose." He chuckled.

"Dork." You said, walking to his room and jumping onto his bed and immediately getting comfortable. He cleared his throat, sitting down and laying flat on his back.

"Michael, you awkward son of a bitch.." You said.

"Well, excuse me, let me just get comfortable." He said, grabbing your waist and yanking you towards him.You yelped in surprise, not expecting that. He wrapped his arms around you.

"There. Are you happy now?" He asked, smiling. You smiled, rolling your eyes.

"Yep. Goodnight, crumpet boy." You said.

"Goodnight, elf." He said, laughing slightly.

hope you guys like this story!! school is going to start for me so i'll try to keep updating as much as i can!!