Alanna got to their compound after fifteen minutes and realized that she hadn't been there for such a long time because a lot had changed. They had a huge fence surrounding the whole compound and a huge black gate at the front. The gate was unlocked so Alanna let herself into the compound grateful that they didn't have dogs and walked towards the main door holding her skateboard next to her.

She knocked on the door feeling slightly nervous and after a few seconds of wait his mom opened the door.

"Anna Sasa mrembo." She greeted her with a firm handshake.

Anna, hello beautiful.

"Poa sana mama Ryan. Nimekuja kusalimia Ryan nimeambiwa ni mgonjwa."Alanna replied.

Hello to you too Ryan's mom. I'm here to see Ryan, I was told that he's sick.

"Eeh alinyeshewa jana akaamka na homa." Her mom replied.

Yeah he was rained on yesterday and woke up with the cold.

Alanna then remembered it had rained the previous night. Ryan had reassured her that he had gotten home safe and changed into dry clothes as soon as he got home. The idiot had refused to take an umbrella saying that macho men didn't need umbrellas. Well where was his macho now as he fought the cold.

"Ako wapi?" Alanna asked.

Where's he?

"Zunguka nyuma ya nyumba hiyo nyumba iko na mlango ya red ni yake." His mom informed her.

Go around back and the house with the red door is his.

"Sasawa asanti." Alanna replied.

Okay thank you.

"Karibu." His mom said and returned back into the house.

You're welcome.

Alanna followed the path and headed around the house to the back. In African tradition as soon as the boy passes through initiation (circumcision for most communities) which mostly happens after they are done with primary school, they leave their parents house and move into their own houses. Long ago the boys used to build their own houses but nowadays the parents built it for them.

They were two identical small houses around back but with different colored doors and windows. She assumed the eldest brother had left his house for Ryan because by the time Ryan came of age his brother was already married and had bought his own land and built a house for his family elsewhere.

Alanna walked towards the red door and knocked. She waited and when she knocked twice more with no answer she turned the knob and it was unlocked. She was about to enter into a boy's room for the first time in her life and it felt weird. She shrugged that thought away and removed her shoes by the rug outside and went inside.

The room wasn't that huge. It was just a bed sitter with a what she assumed to be a bathroom in the furthest corner. On the other side was a kitchen but there wasn't much but a tap with a sink, a mini fridge, a microwave a few utensils. The bedroom part was the impressive part because there was a huge bed on one corner with a bedside table next to it with books on top of it and a lamp. A huge flat screen TV was mounted on the wall opposite the bed and a game console and music system under it.

There was a wardrobe and a huge shoe rack next to it with all of Ryan's sneakers on it. The room was pretty neat except for a pile of carelessly thrown clothes around a laundry basket by the door.

Alanna put her skateboard next to the door and removed her bag. She heard movement inside the bathroom and guessed that Ryan was in there.

"Hey boyfriend." Alanna yelled and she heard all movement stop in there.