Chapter XXII

Just as my hand slipped, I felt my ankle being grabbed, & then I swung upside down-
*thud!*
    'Aagh!' my head felt like it was splitting in two, & worse, the blood rushed down to my head making the pain somewhat intense. And also my back which I've hit the wall-
    But then I realized... how the hell am I still hanging in the air?
    I barely managed to hold my head, to look up: that... that is...?
   Wait... a child's hand but such a strong grip...
   My eyes follow higher: neatly buttoned loose white shirt, & blue tie hanging... and those eyes.
    Those emerald eyes brighter than any jewel I've seen in my accessory box... Ian Vuinter?
   Why the hell is he...?
Despite that, I couldn't help but count- this is the third time he's saving me.
    My heart pounded in my chest, & I felt my cheeks going red- he saved me... again.
   I think... I'm in love- as if!!!
Like hell I'd be courting death in such a pathetic way! Sorry- I already have someone to love with all my heart.
   And that is of course...
'I love- ahg-ge!' I made such a strange noise as I was pulled up suddenly, choking on my saliva.
    I fell down onto the cold hard floor, coughing my lungs out- oof, my head feels dizzy.
    Is this punishment from God? No, the author of the novel? Because I insulted the main lead? So, you're telling me to die choking on my foolish words I was just about to spill?
    'Are you ok?!' someone pats my back gently- well, not someone but the-
    'Phoenix, why were you there?! Did someone push you?' Selene asks me with a frown on her face.
  Ah, so the reason I was saved just now is because of her...
  'Ahem! Thanks Selene, &... Ian, as well.'
   'It's alright, but why were you there- oh!' she gasps as Ian suddenly pulls her up straight: 'That's not important. We're going to be late from the exams at this rate.'
   'Oh, right! Let's go, Phoenix... if it's ok with you going with us-'
   'I don't know the way,' I interrupt her, while taking a glance at Ian: is it just a coincidence that they happened to be on the second floor window?
'Let's go then!' she smiles, & takes my hand to lead me forward: well, whatever. It's a good thing they were here anyway.
🌺🌺🌺
     'Cho Yeona... It's a garbage name,' she murmurs as she stares down at the book: romance novels, & such. There were such things in her world too, but in those novels...
   The door creaks open behind her, & then comes the sound of footsteps.
   'I'm back.'
Phoenix glances back once before sitting straight: 'Welcome back.'
   It's been about few months here.
'What are you doing?' he asks her, as he looks down at her from behind.
  'Reading. What's for dinner?'
 'What do you want to eat?' he responded lightly, now already used to her indifferent voice.
   '... The thing you made yesterday... what was it again? Oh, right ramen.'
   He sighed: 'No. Yesterday was because I came back late- eating ramen all the time won't be too good for your stomach.'
   Since he denied already, she didn't bother saying anything back, & waited for him to make a suggestion.
    As expected, he soon opened his mouth: 'Well, what about curry? I think you'll like it since you like spicy flavors.'
   '... Ok,' Phoenix nodded in agreement, & he ruffled her hair gently: 'Tell me if you need anything else, ok?'
'Mhm.'
'Ah, I should change my clothes,' he mutters as he walks away, & after staring at his back for a while, she got back to reading the book.
   The owner of this romance novel was called Cho Yeona. She died though... in a tragic accident. Just like me, in fact.
    But now, I'm here- very much alive, somehow. By that I mean, I'm possesing someone else's body, in another world.
    To be exact, Cho Yeona's body.

A/N: I've been wanting to write about the orginal Phoenix for a while.
     And yep, this is it.
Because I broke my leg, I'm updating early. I feel grateful to the kid who broke my leg... 😌